Expand my Community achievements bar.

Translating content fragment issue.

Level 2

Hi,

The issue that we're having is we are unable to add a content fragment that has around 8000 words to the translation project. Once the text is reduced, say 50 words, the content is added to the project and translation works.

I didn't find any character limitation on content fragment and translation.

AEM version - 6.4.3.0

Translation - Machine translation

Error log:

*ERROR* [xx.xx.xx.xx [1547645105879] POST /content/projects/xxxxxx/xxxxxc/jcr:content/dashboard/gadgets/translationjob HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.dam.commons.util.DamLanguageUtil Could not create language copy for embedded assets. {}

java.lang.IllegalStateException: String is too long: 2325604755980986040

Can someone give me a hint if this is a config/component/translation issue ?

7 Replies

Level 10

I am checking internally to see if this is a known issue.

Level 10

Team replied:

Seems like a translation-related issue. Could we please request the community member to log an issue on Daycare so that we could review and work on the same.

Level 2

Daycare ticket created. Thanks, will wait for the reply and post results here.

Level 2

Update:

Adobe engineers have validated it to be a bug and they could reproduce it also on 6.5. They'll provide more info upon further analysis .

Level 2

Update:

Adobe engineers are currently working on an integration of the fix (NPR-28722) in the next service pack of AEM 6.4 which will be 6.4.4.

The tests are in progress at the moment.

Level 1

I am facing this issue in 6.5.1. Is there any solution/fix to it which we can configure to mitigate the problem?

Level 2

Strange, I beleive there was an update integrated in 6.4.4 to fix this.

I was sent a support fix package which I installed and content fragments worked as expected.

Here's a link to downlad this file, hope it helps.

https://transfernow.net/15aoj528917d