Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Large assets file and Offloading

Level 2

Both author and offloading instances had configured sizeLimit attribute to >2GB (in /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/body/assetscontent/header/items/default/items/fileupload) and the upload was successful. However when running DAM Update Asset Offloading workflow there was an error message in author instance.

And the Offloading Reverse Replication Agent started to keep throwing

I have seen the Offloading Reverse Replication Agent is using HTTP GET which I believe there is another 2GB limitation in this method, so the video renditions could not replicate from offloading to author instance.

If it is true is this HTTP GET file size limit configurable?

8 Replies

Level 10

I have asked the Assets team to look at this question.

Level 4

First error you might be sure you are running on a 64-bit environment for both source and destination.  There used to be a file size limit of 2gb in older environments/operating systems/networks/http.

Second error looks like a counter or progress item in the code that is of type Integer that needs to be recoded as a float or double.

This is where I bet Adobe could share their own internals code and approaches for Adobe Reader download manager.  That was a solution to file sizes exceeding allowed limits for buffers and protocols in times past.  You had to build a download manager to solve the file sizes limitations problems.

An extra bonus might be to monitor your java.io.tmpdir location and storage.  It varies by platform and does not always automatically clean itself.  You might have wasted disk/storage space in /tmp, or \users\profile\AppData\Local\Temp (just type %TEMP% in your File Explorer location bar on Windows).  This could explain the missing chunks.

You need to add AEM, Java, and operating system version information to this post to get an answer in the correct context.

Level 2

It is running on 64-bit environment for both instances. Without offloading setup, renditions could be processed successfully using single instance.

In offloading setup, I notice that the rendition was already generated in offloading instance, but could not replicate back to the author. There seems to have no protocol choice in the replication agent settings page - it is always HTTP. HTTP method and headers are configurable thru.

There is pretty much disk space left in the temp folder.

Both instance has the same version Information:

AEM Version 6.1.0.SP2-CFP7

Oracle JDK 8u73-b02

CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611

Hi,

Are you using the OOB reverse replication agents for the offlloading ?? If yes, check here to configure the replication agent for offloading

Offloading Jobs

Those configurations were already done. It works if the asset is less than 2GB.

Level 10

YOU may need a service pack or fix - please open a ticket.