Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to hide Annotate button for a particular user group

Level 3

I am trying to hide annotate button for a particular user group. I am able to hide it from all the places except the annotate button which appears when you click on the three dots on an asset. Is there a way to hide it for a specific user group?

AEM-Assets-Files.png

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

There is no OOTB feature or Configuration available to achieve this. However, you can consider achieving this at Front End. Capturing DOM elements through Javascript and hiding it on the basis of an ajax call to the servlet, which would resolve the logged in user group. This servlet can contain the logic what specific groups are not supposed to see this Annotate Button and return true and false accordingly.

Community Advisor

Hi @ReddyIshanvi 

This can be achieved using Render conditions.AEM provides a flexible way to hide or show almost any UI element using Render conditions. 

A render condition is a mechanism that decides if a component should be displayed or not. It will drill-down through sub-conditions, evaluating them recursively, and return true or false. The Granite UI Foundation provides a set of built-in render conditions. 

https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-5/granite-ui/api/jcr_root/libs/...

https://www.bounteous.com/insights/2020/06/10/control-aem-action-menus-render-conditions

Hope this helps!

Level 3

Thank you @Ganthimathi_R . The problem here is I am not able to find the path to the Annotate link which is appearing after clicking those 3 dots.

Community Advisor

@ReddyIshanvi - Were you able to solve this issue?

Shouldn't the annotate button be it in the header options or side menu have the same source path which is /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/annotate ?