Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Dynamic Media Classic (S7) stage/production differentiation

Adobe Champion

Dear all,

I was wondering how S7 can differentiate between "stage assets" and "prod assets".

Example:

- Path uploaded: /content/dam/myprojectassets/myasset.jpg

- S7 brand name: mybrand

- If I upload an asset from my stage AEM to S7, the S7 name is myasset.jpg

- If I upload the same asset from my prod AEM to S7, the S7 name is again myasset.jpg

That being the case, requesting the asset via its S7 URL, say s7host.scene7.com/is/image/mybrand/myasset.jpg will show the same asset, be that uploaded from Stage or Prod environment. So there is an obvious potential issue that a stage image push to S7 will override a prod image, due to using the same image name.

What is the setup required to ensure stage assets are pushed to S7 without the danger of overwriting prod assets? Also, how to ensure delivery of stage S7 assets from a stage frontend, and prod S7 assets when requesting them from a prod frontend?

If I missed something in the documentation please point me to it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kimon,

I hope you are good.

You need to link different Scene 7 account to your AEM Prod instance and AEM Stage instance.

This will create different Scene 7 image URLs : host.scene7.com/is/image/mybrand/myasset.jpg and host.scene7.com/is/image/mybrandstage/myasset.jpg

Note : You can ask Adobe Scene 7 / Dynamic Media Support team to create a Stage or Dev Scene 7 account for you AEM Stage or Dev instance

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kimon,

I hope you are good.

You need to link different Scene 7 account to your AEM Prod instance and AEM Stage instance.

This will create different Scene 7 image URLs : host.scene7.com/is/image/mybrand/myasset.jpg and host.scene7.com/is/image/mybrandstage/myasset.jpg

Note : You can ask Adobe Scene 7 / Dynamic Media Support team to create a Stage or Dev Scene 7 account for you AEM Stage or Dev instance

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 3

Ensure that you have a 1:1 integration and not 1:2 or 1:3  (one DM account with multiple AEM instances) as that will cause an issue for you. If needed, you can ask for additional DM/S7 accounts/catalogs to be created for Prod/Dev/Stage by creating a ticket with the support team.