Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Can I get a common schema across Classic and Touch?

Level 3

This is what drove this question. 

The use case is that I have two folders that are sub-folders to a top folder.  The top folder has a specific schema that was created and applied via touch UI so the two sub-folders inherit that schema.

Each sub-folder has a metadata profile applied to them that is unique to each sub-folder.

If I select multiple assets in ONE folder and select properties to bulk edit, all is well and the edit utilizes the applied schema.

If I select multiple assets from both sub-folders (via a search result or a collection that contains files from both folders) and then select Properties to do a bulk edit, i get that very simple schema.  I think its the default classic ui schema. 

Can I make the classic UI schema the same as my Touch UI schema, or can I get the bulk edit to always use the schema applied via Touch UI?

Thanks,

jim P

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

You can apply different schema when bulk editing from settings > select schema

1293091_pastedImage_0.png

Feature available from AEM 6.3

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

What are you trying to do - I am unclear of what you are trying to accomplish.

Level 3

Since all the assets were ingested via Touch UI and utilize a highly expanded schema, any bulk edits need to be able to edit any field in that schema.  When assets are in different folders (or have different profiles? I don't know which), I can't do a bulk edit and use that expanded schema, I'm limited to the little default schema in classic.

Thanks,

Jim P

Level 10

When using the bulk editor - you have to specify a root path - as discussed in the docs:

The Bulk Editor

Are you assets located under a specific Root path? 

Level 3

Thanks Scott.  This may be me using incorrect terminology.  The bulk edit I was referring to is different than the one you were pointing to.

If I select two files in the same directory and then go up to the Nav and select Properties, I get this screen (I would call this a bulk edit)  Notice the fields in the schema. 

1293019_pastedImage_0.png

If I select one file from the same directory above (datasheets), and one file from a different directory (from a search result) and select Properties from the Nav bar, I get this screen.  Completely different schema.  The only difference is these two assets are located in different folders (but the same schema)

1293071_pastedImage_1.png

Level 3

I can see whats happening here.  Since the assets are from different folders, if you try and select them and then select "Properties" to do a bulk edit to those files, the system pulls the "default" schema for that.  If I make the "default" schema look like our special one for Enterprise, it shows all those fields when you do the bulk edit, but that will be a problem if the "default" schema is the same as the Enterprise one going forward I would think.

An I right there, its referencing the default schema instead of the schema that both assets are comprised of (enterprise schema)?

Jim P

Employee

AFAIk and AFAIU in case of different formats or selecting assets from different locations it shows default schema.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 2

You can apply different schema when bulk editing from settings > select schema

1293091_pastedImage_0.png

Feature available from AEM 6.3

Level 3

Well that certainly solves that issue.  Thanks Sushant!

Jim P