Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

App rejected by Apple - user not prompted to choose to download

Level 1

Hello,

My app has been rejected by Apple because it doesn't comply with new Jan, 2019 guidelines. These new guidelines state that:

(iii) if your app needs to download additional resources, disclose the size of the download and prompt users before doing so. Existing apps must comply with this guideline in any update submitted after January 1, 2019

Obviously AEM Mobile does not have such capability. Users tap on articles and downloads start automatically, without disclosing size of the download or asking users if they want to proceed with the download or not. How can I comply? Is everybody having the same issue?

Please help!!!

Thank you in advance,

4 Replies

Employee

AEM provides infrastructure to render anything. It's up to your app's interface to comply to the guidelines.

Level 2

AEM does (i.e. AEM Apps using Phonegap).  You are correct.  That is a different forum though.

I believe he is talking about AEM Mobile.

Thanks,

Andrew

Level 1

Correct. I am using Adobe AEM Mobile. Layouts were created in InDesign and articles uploaded and hosted in the AEM Mobile web suite. App was created from there and signed and submitted to the App store. Anyone going through the same issue? New App store guides were published Jan 1, 2019. Wondering if someone ran into the same issue and how to solve it?

Employee

Hi al3nai_​,

I have PM you the contact details, please share the issue and project details with us so that we can start troubleshooting on this.

Thanks,

Vinod