Can you please let us know if below feature is available in AEM 6.4 or can we achieve by customization:
1. Can we generate Context sheet? Image with few metadata
2. We have uploaded high-res image (like .eps file ) in to AEM Asset. Now client want to download it as tiff or jpg or png format. Are there any option to conversion of EPS to jpg or png or tiff?
3. Currently when we are uploading the MS Office files like (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx) but it is not generating the preview? Client want to generate the preview of first page
4. Can same asset link in to two folders at same time in AEM asset?
5. we want to Move assets from draft folder to final folder base on some metadata fields. Are there any OOTB ways? or only we can write only custom workflow?
Actually our client is moving from other DAM to AEM assets and we want to check these question. Thanks in Advance!!
In our Author environment, we use Dynamic Media to convert - I thought it was part of the service?
For 3 - you would need to overlay AEM functionality to provide a thumbnail. I will see if there examples.
This is helpful. Thanks
Thanks for quick response.
For #1: Actually that is copy sheet i.e. they want to download the asset in pdf image with few metadata only.
For #2: OK. that make sense.
For #3: Can we add one generic thump nail image for MS word. So that in card view. it should show the generic image instead of blank.
For #4: are there any feature to link assets in two different folders?
For #5: OK. that make sense.
Most of these would require custom services using AEM API.
Not sure what you mean in 1.
For #2 - there is no OOTB conversion tool. You would need to get a Java API that can do this and build a custom service to convert these file types.
For #3 - there is no preview of a Word Doc in the DAM.
For #5 - you would need to write a custom workflow and custom step using Asset Manager API.