Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM DAM Asset Shared Link download issue 6.5

Level 2

In AEM 6.5, Asset shared link's download link for users will by default download all the rendition + original rendition of the image/pdf.

I have a requirement where I need only original file to be downloaded and no rendition files. Is there a way this could be achieved from the tweaking or overlaying of libs?

I have gone through the solution given below for 6.3 service pack version which doesn't apply for the 6.5:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-assets/aem-asset-shared-li...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @anish11 

I haven't tried handsOn but theoretically, it should work by overlaying libs. Please post here, if you face any challenges

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @anish11 

I have a aem 6.5.14 local setup and I get clear checkboxes to Download Original or Renditions. 
For Asset Link sharing, default is Renditions and for Download feature, default is Original File.

Are we referring to the same features?

Share Link:

krati_garg_0-1681278857609.png
Download Screen Shot:

krati_garg_1-1681278909613.png

Level 2

Hi Krati,

Yes, I am referring to the same feature. On deep-dive, I came to know that the issue is not with the renditions. This is specifically for the Multi Page PDF assets for which has multiple sub-assets being created. 

With the ShareLink, no matter if we select originals or renditions checkbox, all the sub assets seems to download.

I have a requirement to download only the originals but not the sub-assets. 

Is this something feasible with the overlay on libs?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @anish11 

I haven't tried handsOn but theoretically, it should work by overlaying libs. Please post here, if you face any challenges