Expand my Community achievements bar.

[AEM Assets] Post Your Innovative Feature Request here......

Administrator

Welcome to the Feature Request thread
Use this thread to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features. 

Template to be used:
    -------------------------------------
    Feature Request Template

Title: [FR] <Title>
    Description:
    How important it is for you? :
    AEM Version:
    Extra Information:

Guideline

1. For FR reporting, make sure you have already posted a question on the forum. Once it is confirmed that it is a bug, please post it here. 
2. Do not post FR/Bugs already logged in daycare.
3. After the discussion, you need to create daycare ticket for these.
4. This is just a discussion platform, the implementation of FR is beyond the scope of this.
5. Do not discuss information covered by a nondisclosure agreement.

Thanks and Regards
Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni
3 Replies

Level 2

Hello Kautuk Sahni,

Thank you for inviting us to post the problem that we facing  in Assets. I have been facing a problem in assets form a long time and even getting same report from my clients that is,i have a pdf that named as (218032016120645.pdf)  we had uploaded to dam folder and able to see the name of the pdf(please find the screen shot below i.e image2). Now I need to attach that pdf to text in page. So i had selected that text and tried to hyperlink that pdf but i am unable to find the name of that pdf(please find the screen shot below i.e image1). It gives me a lot of problem when i had a bulk of pdfs, so please suggest me is there any way to over come this problem. Please find the screen shots for you reference and we had attached the pdf also.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Chandra.M

Level 3

Hello Kautuk Sahni,

Thank you for inviting us to post the problem that we facing  in Assets. I have been facing a problem in assets form a long time and even getting same report from my clients that is, I have a pdf that named as (Testing.pdf)  we had uploaded to that pdf to dam folder and able to see name of the pdf is same . Now I need to attach that pdf to a text in page. So i had selected that text and tried to hyperlink that pdf but i am unable to find the name of that pdf(where it is showing me different name). It gives me a lot of problem when i had a bulk of pdfs, so please suggest me is there any way to overcome this problem.

Regards

Veera Reddy.Ch

Level 1

kautuksahni wrote...

Feature Request Template

Title: [FR] Possibility to offload DAM asset thumbnail creation to GPU
    Description:I found out that the DAM "update asset" workflow's thumbnail creation mechanism for bitmap images uses a handmade plain Java implementation for creating thumbnails. This is CPU intensive and can take days to create thumbnails for a handful of thousands of images. Java2D and JavaFX can offload such work to graphics cards, which can, if a high performance graphics card is used, lead to a remarkable performance increase (and maybe even leave some CPU cycles for other tasks of the AEM system). Please find a way to offload DAM thumbnail creation to the GPU
    How important it is for you? :It is quite important since it costs days of my lifetime.
    AEM Version:6.2 SR1
    Extra Information:Please make this possible on Linux and Windows servers, and offer an application note which makes it easy to use that feature, including a List of supported Graphics cards.