Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.2 - Is there a way to configure a Metadata Schema Editor that can be applied to a specific folder for Classic UI?

Level 2

Nowadays in AEM 6.2, I found the way to create a metadata schema editor for Touch UI.  This metadata schema is created under /conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension/metadataschema and until now works perfect, also we can apply this custom properties for only to a DAM folder that author can select.

However, we have a requirement to apply these changes in Classic UI, so I know that the asset editor by default in AEM exists under "/libs/dam/content/asseteditors". So we overlayed that path into the apps/ and in that way we can set values to the new properties created under asseteditors.  But, the problem here is that the custom properties added applies also to ALL the assets that we have in our AEM instance, to all projects.  We do not need this, because each AEM project has their own properties.  So, I did a research and I found an option to create a "New Metadata Template", in Classic UI.  But it seems that this only can be used to assign default values to existing properties, because I created the template with few properties that I want, for instance, title and description, but when I open an asset I see all properties that resides in the /libs/dam/content/asseteditors.

Is there a way to create a custom metadata editor for Classic UI that can apply only to a specific folder ?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi,
Even I'm facing the same issue. Were you able to find any solution to this?

Thanks,
Hemanth

Administrator

aanchalmaheshwari  any help here?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

i don`t think it is as there is no active new development going on in Classic-UI and all new features are now being added n Touch UI.

Thanks