Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

What planet is Adobe on ???

02-05-2015

Hi, After wading through Adobe website for ages, I could find no information on ICM awareness of Adobe Elements application, NO INFORMATION or assurance that what comes out of the printer would be a close match to what is seen on screen, when working with my digital photos !!!

The Adobe website looks like it could have been built on another planet !

Perhaps you could add some information about COLOUR MANAGEMENT / workflow etc.  ...Monitor/scanner/printer profiles etc. AND HOW Adobe ESSENTIALs will do all that for me ? !!!

Perhaps someone at Adobe could take a GOOD LOOK at Norman Koren photography: images and tutorials and the effort and work he has put into helping people for YEARS !!!

" Making fine prints in your digital darkroom 

Light & color  |  Pixels, images, & files  |  Getting started  |  Scanners  |  Digital cameras  |  Printers  |  Papers and inks  |  Monitor calibration and gamma  |  Printer calibration |  Scanning  |  Image editing  |  B&W printing  |  Matting and framing  |  Tonal quality and dynamic range in digital cameras 

Image editing with Picture Window Pro 

Introduction  |  Making and using masks  |  Contrast masking  |  Tinting and hand coloring B&W images  |  Example: Sunset, Providence 

Understanding image sharpness and MTF 

Introduction  |  Film and lenses  |  Scanners and sharpening  |  Printers  |  Lens testing  |  Depth of Field  |  Digital cameras vs. film  |  Grain 

Color management 

Introduction to Color science and Color management |  Implementation part 1: Setup, working color space, profile anatomy |  Implementation part 2: Monitor profiling, workflow details  |  Obtaining ICC profiles and using MonacoEZcolor  |  Evaluating color in printers and ICC profiles. "

Instead of MASSES of information about "cloud" technology, and LOTS of examples of how to RUIN my digital photos, I WOULD PREFER SOME INFORMATION ON HOW Adobe Elements WILL HELP BE PRINT THE THINGS OUT PROPERLY !!!!!!

yours faithfully, Richard J Keirle

Somerset, UK