Expand my Community achievements bar.

What is the best practice to move code base and content pages from author env to publish env?

Level 7

Hi,

This might be a silly question for all of you smiley . But I'm in confusion that what we have to replicate/publish and what we have deploy/install to publish environment. Normally we will replicate content pages using "Activation Tree". We can also replicate etc/designs. The actual code which is there in apps folder, will it also be replicated using Activation Tree? Will the functionality of all the components work properly by doing like this? Is this the best way?

What my thinking is that we have to deploy the code(apps-components+clientlibs) to publish by maven commands or we can directly install the package through package manager and we have to replicate content pages using Activation Tree. Is it correct way? Please let me know. When we replicated all the things like apps,etc,content, etc, I got problems. The JavaScript is not loaded in published pages. Your comments are welcome. I'm using AEM6.0.

Thanks,

AryA.

0 Replies