to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Rendering CQ templates as part of servlet call on the same resource

Peter_Puzanovs
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Currently working on the PoC where I have a servlet that listens on CQ resource e.g.

@Component(metatype = true, label = "IndexingPage") @Service @Properties({ @Property(name = "sling.servlet.resourceTypes", value = {"indexing/components/pages/page"}), @Property(name = "sling.servlet.methods", value = "GET"), @Property(name = "sling.servlet.extensions", value = { "html" }) })

Servlet performs logic to retrieve data from another system, after servlet finish I want to render a page using CQ templating mechanism e.g. natively I would call

Resource resource = request.getResource(); request.getRequestDispatcher(resource.getPath() + ".html", new RequestDispatcherOptions()).forward(request, response);

However, since they both listen on the same path and servlet just keeps executing itself I get Recursion too deep exception...

To solve this have used a native approach with ServletResolver service:

final Servlet servlet = servletResolver.resolveServlet(request.getResource(), "/apps/indexing/components/pages/page/page.jsp"); request.setAttribute("data", dataFromAnotherSystem); servlet.service(request, response);

Now, when I call the servlet it first triggers servlet to assemble the data from indexing system and then triggers the cq:Template by calling it's root jsp file.

While it works, it doesn't feel like the best approach to this problem.

What would be a better approach ?

Thanks,
Peter

0 Replies