Expand my Community achievements bar.

I can not import my files to Lightroom 5, unsupported or damaged

Level 1

I shoot a canon 5D mark ii, raw files.  I import into Lightroom 5.  I import my photos via a card reader not straight from my camera.  I attempted to import last night, however the files were not showing up even though the status bar was nearly finished so I stopped the import and decided to reboot my system, this has been a solution in the past.  There was an apple update (OS-X 10.10.3) ready for installation so I went ahead and installed it then shut down the system.  I came back a short time late to try again.  Again, the images were not showing up.  Once the import was complete, I got an error message stating that not all of the import operations had been preformed, the reason was the files were unsupported or damaged.  I have never received this message before.  When I go to Finder on my iMac to view the files, they are CR2 files which has never been the case before.  I do not understand what happened!  I am a nervous wreck that this files are unusable or damaged.  These photos are so important, please help!  Thank you in advance for any advice!!!!

0 Replies