Expand my Community achievements bar.

Experience Cloud - The Basics to User Permissions

Employee

Good evening! Hope everyone is getting rested up for our 2018 Summit! Thought I would take the time tonight and spend a moment on a very useful topic that you will find at the heart of our integrations and products. Good old fashion "User permissions", specifically though for the Admin Console.

So you have an Experience Cloud now, awesome! How do you make it work? Well tonight I am going to cover the basics of what you should understand and know by product so we can get you the new Admins out there up and running. I will cover the needed ones to get you going and then if you have questions you can ask in the comments below on anything else.

Starting by products here to get you going, after of course reading this: Enable your solutions for core services

Analytics

Reports and Analytics Access - This user group is at the heart of getting the Experience Cloud to speak to Analytics. This group gives you the user front door access to Analytics by creating a "linked account" to the Cloud.

All Report Access - This user group gives access to all report suites within your Analytics account. It is designed so that you can see everything.

Web Services Access - This user group is the API access that allows our integrations to work together. This is needed for A4T, Profiles and Audiences with out this user group you will not be able to see any of the report suites in either Target when trying to use a destination for Analytics. And you definately will not be able to see any of your segments with out this.

Mobile App Admin - This user group is used to gain access to mobilemarketing.adobe.com - It is needed for applications and for some of the mobile reports. Recently we change the requirements for this user group now requiring that you have an Adobe ID setup with in the Cloud as part of the requirements to access mobilemarketing.adobe.com.

Target

Default Workspace (Enterprise)   - You may have noticed that Adobe changed the permission model for some of you long timers out there with us you have see this change happening from us using Approver, Editor, Observer. We changed it so now you have a single user group but when you drill into the permissions in the Cloud you are given the option to now select Approver, Editor and Observer as your options here.

Audience Manager

By default, using the basic user group called Audience Manager - Default Group will allow you to connect up your user group to Audience Manager. But if you are working with other user groups or want to have these mapped then users need to belong to the user group you created AND the Default user group of Audience Manager.

Audience Library

Lets talk about this user group really quick here so you have Audience Manager and you have Audience Library what is the difference between these two groups? It really comes down to permissions of what you want people to see. Audience Library is meant to be used for Cloud view of segments. Also it should be noted that for Profiles and Audiences to work you must have this user group or Profiles & Audience menu with in the Cloud will throw an error.

Customer Attributes

Default user group here Customer Attributes is a stand alone permission user group within Profiles & Audiences menu section that  for you to use Customer Attributes you must belong to.

DTM

(Dynamic Tag Manager) - If you use DTM permission models will vary depending on how and when your company was provisioned. April 2016 was a cut off date for having DTM directly tied to your Admin Console (adminconsole.adobe.com). So that being said you will see either DTM having a drop down option when you click for a New Profile Group under permissions seeing all the user groups in the Cloud. If it doesn't then your account was provisioned by us prior to this time frame which means that you still need the Default access group in the Admin Console but you also need your permissions setup inside of DTM directly. I would recommend if you are the first one in there use the Admin Group.

Launch

Let's chat really quick about Launch. If you haven't had the pleasure of using Launch you are in for an awesome surprise. Where do I even begin the product is awesome! Setting User permissions is similar to our Cloud permissions model that some of you may find yourself already using for Analytics. Meaning you can setup user groups directly in the Cloud rather than linking seeing a permission drop down menu with when you setup a new profile group. So the way that Launch is built to get you Admin access you will see a tab called "Permissions" select it and then you should see Web Properties set to ALL and then a box below that for permissions its going to say by default 0 of 6 permissions. So the tip that I will give you is if you check all the boxes this then makes it so you are an Admin. Once you SAVE you will have the option to create new group copy do this and then label it Admin and then do the same thing Web services all and set all the permissions 6 of 6 and label this group the Admin group and go back to ensure that your default group isn't an admin too which it shouldn't be since you chose to copy the group. That way you can start right off with using Launch with this new group and then you can build out permissions accordingly.

Campaign

Since we are talking brand new clouds here its best to make yourself the Admin in each of the environments we gave you. Meaning you will see the Admin group in each use it and make yourself also part of the user groups.

I hope that this will give you a basic run down of the basic permissions to get you running for starters. If you have questions feel free as I mentioned to commit on this post!

0 Replies