Expand my Community achievements bar.

Analytics segment used in target activity is not working

Level 3

Hi Team,

I am using an analytics segment in a target activity. I understand there is a latency of around 24-48 hours but I am not able to qualify even after 48 hours (I did not clear cache and cookies of the browser)

The segment is built using below analytics parameters:

mcvid

Departure Date (05072018)

Flight Booking

Anonymous and LoggedIn

So this segment will include all those visitors  (anonymous and loggedIn) who have an active booking of July 5th.

This segment we want to use in target activity and the target activity is defined on homepage.

On homepage , departure date and flight Booking don't fire in analytics call however mcvid and anonymous/Loggedin are fired.

As per my understanding, user should meet each and every condition of a native target audience inorder to qualify for the target actvity.

Please advise if this understanding still holds true for analytics segment.

Thank you.

Regards, Ambika

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ambika - Does your Target activity have conditions other that being included in the Analytics segment?

Level 3

Hi Jantzen.Belliston , Thank you for your reply.

No , the target activity is not using any conditions other then analytics segment. the qualifying criteria is just analytics segment

The analytics segment is using:

1. MCVID

2. DepartureDate

3. Success Event (Flight Booking)

4. User Type (Anonymous /Logged)

Success Event doesn't fire on homepage but on the Thank you page.

If the user doesn't clear cache and cookie of browser and come back to homepage after making a successfully booking, I am expecting that user should qualify for the segment. Is my expectation correct ?

Level 10

Without seeing your segment, it should work as follows:

1. User goes through the process the process of qualifying for your segment
  2. 24-72 hours later, the segment is available for use in target
  3. The user comes back to your site 24-72 hours after qualifying for the segment and they are presented the experience based on the settings in Target

Out of curiosity, how large is the segment in Analytics? Also, how many segments are you currently sharing? Be sure to review the important notices on this documentation page - Publishing Segments to the Experience Cloud

Level 10

Any updates here? Were you able to solve the issue or find the answers to my questions?

Level 3

Hi Jantzen.Belliston​ currently we are sharing only two  analytics segments to MAC. PFA the size of analytics segment that we have shared.analytics segment.png

Level 10

Everything looks good on the segment. You're only sharing 2 so you're not over the 20 limit. The segment size is under 20 million so it shouldn't be a problem sharing. What versions of code are using for target, app measurement, visitorAPI.js?

Have you tried running a scan with our debugging tool Auditor, by Adobe​ yet? I think this is a great use case for it. Auditor is included to all Experience Cloud customers at no additional costs and it can run a scan of your site to make sure code versions are up to date, parameters are being passed between solutions correct, and check a myriad of other factors that could be causing this.

You can run a scan by visiting auditor.adobe.com

Thanks,
Jantzen