Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What is the event value in the adobe launch, how it works and where the value goes to in the reports suits and the workspace?

Level 3

Kindly asked that, what is the event value in the adobe launch, how it works? what it use for?

How can i see the values in the reports suits/workspace?

DebbyNPL_0-1646723299411.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Got it @DebbyNPL 

Typically, Events are metrics. So they act as counters for recording incremental numbers on anything we track from Webpages or Apps.

So, I do not think we can assign a text value to events. More info here - Reference Link.

However, if you have seen a code snippet like below in any of your Launch Rules, then these are not for assigning text values to events. Rather, we are incrementing counters on the events mentioned.

s.events = "event1,event2";
s.linkTrackEvents = "event1";

Since events are counted as integers by default, in case you would like to count decimal values, you can utilise Numerical Events.

Also, in case of currency as well, we can assign a Currency name to Events through Current Events.

Take a look at Numeric and Current Events here - Reference Link.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @DebbyNPL 

1. This walkthrough could help you, understand the process of setting up events through Launch

2. There's another way to send event values to Adobe Analytics through "Custom code" in Adobe Launch, plese follow this document

3. This Video illustration also gives a detailed demo and procedure

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kishore

Level 3

Hi kishore963

I have seen the 1 and 3 videos before, but there is no practice examples for the events value settings related.

For the 2, does that mean you can only insert numbers in the event values?

but I saw some videos on youtube, some users directly insert some text elements as events value, will it works? they really do that.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Got it @DebbyNPL 

Typically, Events are metrics. So they act as counters for recording incremental numbers on anything we track from Webpages or Apps.

So, I do not think we can assign a text value to events. More info here - Reference Link.

However, if you have seen a code snippet like below in any of your Launch Rules, then these are not for assigning text values to events. Rather, we are incrementing counters on the events mentioned.

s.events = "event1,event2";
s.linkTrackEvents = "event1";

Since events are counted as integers by default, in case you would like to count decimal values, you can utilise Numerical Events.

Also, in case of currency as well, we can assign a Currency name to Events through Current Events.

Take a look at Numeric and Current Events here - Reference Link.

Hope this helps!