Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unknown Safari browser versions in SiteCatalyst

Level 2

We use browser reports to inform our desktop/mobile web site design and to inform our dev and QA support effort for different browser versions.

We are trying to transition from our in house browser reports to SiteCatalyst.
One problem I noticed: There are a large number of Safari browser visits which do not have version information. This is both with desktop-macintosh and mobile-iOS.
This skews results, since we cant put these safari browsers into their version buckets. Other browsers (e.g. chrome mobile etc.) are reported correctly, with relatively few unknown versions.

Is this (unknown Safari browser versions) something that can be fixed in SiteCatalyst reporting or am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Browsers report an unknown version shortly after a new version is released; they remain this way until our next maintenance release where our lookup tables are updated.

For more information, you can reference our Unknown Browser Version KB article.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to Adobe Community.

These settings depends upon the UA (User Agent). So if mobile/non mobile or the version cannot be identified under the UA then just the name of the browser is listed which in this case is Safari.

See: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/reports_browsers.html

Thanks!"

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Browsers report an unknown version shortly after a new version is released; they remain this way until our next maintenance release where our lookup tables are updated.

For more information, you can reference our Unknown Browser Version KB article.

Level 2

Hi Shekhar,

Thanks for responding.

I did a comparison of our in-house reporting (which is still turned on in production) and SiteCatalyst reports.

In the in-house code, we also use the UA to infer device, os, browser and their versions if available. We use a regex Version/(\S+).*Safari.

This matches and returns Safari version for most cases for versions 3.0 and above. Also see http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/Safari/

The SiteCatalyst reports however seem to miss this version information.

Is this something which can be fixed in SiteCatalyst or am I still missing something?

Thanks again.

Level 5

Hi

If you are capturing browser manually than you need to populate in variable to get the report .

Or

Sitecatalyst automatically capture is system environment which falls under technology report.

Once latest version roll-out in market , it will get updated into sitecatlyst database which fix the "unknown version"   for future.

Regards

Devinder

Regards

Devinder