Just a note about the summit session videos found here: https://summit.adobe.com/na/summit-online/
There are a lot of great topics but many of the video’s audio is so low that even at 100% you still can’t hear the presenters. If there is any way for them to make them louder they need to!!
Thanks for letting us know. It's possible that something may have been misconfigured during the actual event. I know the team on site tries their best to make sure everything is as consistent as possible but occasionally there are issues.
Is there a specific session you're try to access? I'm happy to see if I can boost the audio for you.
I'm sorry you felt the video quality was not satisfactory. Do you remember which recordings you viewed by chance? I know we had problems with audio on a few of the recordings but the vast majority seem to have been adequate when I've reviewed them.
Also, if you can provide me with a list of any that you were unable to find I can try and track them down for you. I know we had a few speakers that specifically asked for the session to not be recorded due to sensitive material or external speakers.
I'm not aware of any transcripts being available for the recordings but I will note this feedback and bring it up to the team for next year.
I'd suggest searching the community or the session catalog (while being logged in) to see if that session has the deck available. If not let us know and we'll see if we can reach out to the speaker directly.
I'm not familiar with the old search you referenced but there is a great search for the recordings on the Summit online site near the bottom of the page
2) I'm not sure why you'd be seeing problems then. If the black outs are always at a specific time in the video, please report those back here with the link and time and I can test on my side to see if I see the same. I can offer a few other ideas but it's hard to know what the issue might be since there are some many variables.
3) Yes, the speed feature available on many video sites can be an amazing tool. I'll be sure to request this for the Summit 2020 site. If there is a specific video you need to review and are having issues send me a direct message and I'll see if we can find another way for you to view it.
Replies to 2 and 3
2. I have Verizon Quantum (1GBPS) at work and home and I should be having no problems with stream but I don't know if the black outs are you or the network. I'll review the session and post back. Do I need to give time interval I saw issues?
3. The speed up feature would be nice because I can't download and I need to provide gist of each video to my user group. At normal speed, I can't inspect the content completely. Even just being able to go at 2x speed would reduce a 1 hour video down to 30-40 minutes so this could literally save Adobe on bandwidth costs spread across thousands of users. Something to think about.
I'm sorry to hear that. I know it can be difficult to get in touch with various resources at Adobe. If you need to get in touch with Adobe, our support team is your best bet. They should be able to escalate your question/issue as needed. If you ever have a hard time reaching me, feel free to tag me on the post or private message me here on the forums and i'll at least get you a response.
To address you're specific points:
1) It does look like ss7 is missing from the recordings. I know there were a few sessions that had technical issues with the recordings. Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like this was one of those sessions unfortunately.
2) The streaming quality may be related to your internet. I know all the recordings i've reviewed are available in multiple formats up to 1080p. You should be able to change the quality using the gear icon on the right side.
3) Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely take the feedback to our Summit team for next year. I doubt we'll be able to add any additional functionality to last year's catalog/site. One additional item you could do is search using the community forums. As the Analytics community manager, I created posts on the community for each Analytics session and later attached the recordings and powerpoint decks. Most of the other solution community managers did something similar.
I cannot express to you my sincere gratitude for your fast reply. Dealing with Adobe is getting harder and harder everyday.
To address your comments:
1. About the videos, I have the video list and I'll review and submit/post here. I tried to contact some of speakers directly but is was so painful despite them saying on the video to contact them for the slides. My issue right now is some of the super sessions were blacked out and SS7/Media was completely missing. The other videos, I'll post later because I'm on the road now.
2. The streaming is poor too. I need to be able to specify video speed and download speed.
3. The old catalog used to have the conference "themes" and then videos in each one for you to browse with the catalog before viewing.
The new search only allows you to search for the video and you have to have access to catalog to know what to search/look for. Can you add an advance search to allow me to see the conference breakouts? Example, like Marketo Marketing Nation Videos that was not with Summit?
My issue with this is that if the search is programmed wrong, you won't see all the videos even if they are there. I think this may be the issue with SS7.
P.S. Thanks for the screenshot with the pdfs. I never noticed that.
Videos this year were simply horrible. Some were even missing..some were blacked out (super sessions)
Can you add transcripts like 99u?
Can you make decks available too?
Bring back the old search? You had to have downloaded the session catalog to find the ids to find the videos this year.
I’ll get back to you if I encounter it again. Thanks.