Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SSO using Federated IDs (claiming domain) - How it works

Level 2

Understand the scenario why Federated IDs is required, the benefits of it. Would like to find out more on the SSO once everything hook up correctly, what will happen?

1. If I login to my PC (Mac or Windows) within corporate network (the login ID is not corporate email). Now I hit the Adobe Marketing Cloud URL in the browser. Do I still need to login?

2. If I login to my corporate web mail (through office365) or corporate portal and both using corporate email as login ID. Now I hit the Adobe Marketing Cloud URL in the browser. Do I still need to login?

Just trying to find out where will be the very first place / system / portal that I'll logon first and there after I do not need to login to AMC.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. In the scenarios above when you come to Adobe it would redirect to your companies IDP SSO sign in page. Once you are signed in, it would redirect back to Adobe. If you have already signed in via corporate mail one of two things can happen: 

1. You are directed to Adobe because your system recognizes you as logged in.

2. You are directed to a sign in page, then redirected from SSO to Adobe once it recognizes you have already authenticated.

Let me know if you have any additional questions on this.

Best,

Tacia

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. In the scenarios above when you come to Adobe it would redirect to your companies IDP SSO sign in page. Once you are signed in, it would redirect back to Adobe. If you have already signed in via corporate mail one of two things can happen: 

1. You are directed to Adobe because your system recognizes you as logged in.

2. You are directed to a sign in page, then redirected from SSO to Adobe once it recognizes you have already authenticated.

Let me know if you have any additional questions on this.

Best,

Tacia