Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Share segment from ACS to AT using ECID

Level 1

All-

I'm sharing a segment from Adobe Campaign Standard to Adobe Target Standard, using 'recipient - visitor id', and NOT declared id. My problem is that the activity in Target have no visitors who enters the activity. This can obviously be caused by the visitors/profiles in Campaign not having an ECID and thereby cannot be identified by Target. However, the segment has a population of more than 70K and some of them should already have clicked and email and thereby be assigned an ECID.

In my debugging quest, I'm getting some mixed messages in regards to whether or not this should be possible. Some are saying this is only possible if you're licensed for AAM (which we don't have) - however, the KB doesn't indicate this ( About Campaign-Audience Manager or People core service integration ). Others says it can only be done using Declared ID - which the KB doesn't indicate either.

Can someone help clarify for me whether or not I'm trying to do something that the system are not supporting?

Thanks,

Kasper

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kasper,

The short answer is you would need to have a full license to Audience Manager.  The ACS to AAM integration takes a lot of setup to get it working properly.  I know that doesn't really solve your use case but I hope that at least answers the question.

Thanks,

Seth

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Kaspera,

To check the segment population have you gone to Audience Library and seen data there? I would suggest you make a ticket with Customer Care, we really need to validate that the campaign to experience cloud integration is setup properly and we'll need information like org ID etc. 

Thanks,

Seth

Level 1

Hi Seth,

Segment population in Audience Library says 70K. But this is obviously the full population and not necessarily the number of ‘synced’ users.

I’ve already been in dialog with ClientCare, but haven’t been able to get an MSA to look into it. Instead I got an AAM consultant to confirm that data is flowing as expected. However, they also told me that I can only share a segment from ACS and use it in an a Target activity if we have a license for AAM (which we don’t).

But this doesn’t sound right to me and can find anywhere in the KB that confirms this. So right now I’m looking for a sanity check to whether or not it is doable, what I’m trying to do.

Use case: segment created in ACS through workflow is sharing a segment to Audience Library. Target uses this segment to target activity in order to personalise an experience for the segment coming from ACS. Sharing of segment is done using Visitor ID and Not declared ID. I understand that this is of course requires that the visitors in the segment have an ECID which requires they clicked a link in an email first.

Thanks,

Kasper

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kasper,

The short answer is you would need to have a full license to Audience Manager.  The ACS to AAM integration takes a lot of setup to get it working properly.  I know that doesn't really solve your use case but I hope that at least answers the question.

Thanks,

Seth