Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue with Dynamic Media Proxy component in AEM Sites

Level 2

We have created a proxy component which inherits from Dynamic media(OOTB). The issue is when the author/user tries to author video to the proxy component, the proxy component is getting replaced with OOTB Dynamic media component.

Let me know if you have a solution for this issue or if you wanted to discuss more about the issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rajmishra10 Can you please copy cq:editConfig node under your proxy DM component and update sling:resourceType property under parameters node to your proxy DM path.

ksai_0-1675260760805.png

When ever you drag and drop the image/video it is taking OOTB sling:resourceType.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Krishna

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@rajmishra10 - Could you please list the details of this problem along with DM component path?

Level 2

Proxy DM component path :- /apps/<project>/components/xyzdynamicvideo
Proxy Component : xyzDynamicVideo(has some style system at component level)
OOTB Component : DynamicVideo component

Issue Explanation:- When I am dragging xyzDynamic media to page, I can see the proxy component in page and styles. After authoring Title, preset etc , when I am dragging video over xyzDynamicVideo component, I am not able to see my proxy component in page. I am seeing DynamicVideo(OOTB) component in page. Somehow, xyzDynamicVideo component is getting overridden by DynamicVideo  component.

Level 2

I think You have no right to use a proxy component while developing, please get permission and security to use the same.

Thanks

Level 2

Can you elaborate more on permissions and security issue? 
What do you mean by I don't have right to using proxy components while developing? I want to know more.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rajmishra10 Can you please copy cq:editConfig node under your proxy DM component and update sling:resourceType property under parameters node to your proxy DM path.

ksai_0-1675260760805.png

When ever you drag and drop the image/video it is taking OOTB sling:resourceType.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Krishna