Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to check if setCustomerID method is set up correctly

Level 3

Hi

We did a trial set up of setCustomerID for our site.

However, when user logs in I can see it listed twice in the image request. When user logs out this parameter is missing. I would assume that as soon as user logs in this parameter becomes persistent like Marketing Cloud ID. I can see that in our case it works differently. Could you please tell me what needs to be corrected. Thanks.

Alla

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

To clarify my response, once a setCustomerID call is made with an authentication state of authenticated, the Customer ID is associated with the 'mid' used in Analytics. This allows you to view various reports in analytics associated with the ID like Customer Attributes. If you wish to use Target to act on this ID, the ID will need to be set on each page and must be set to authenticated for Target to take action.

Did you still need additional assistance with your original question? If not, is there a reply that we can mark as correct in case others view this post?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 3

This is the first image request with two customerIDs

Level 3

Has anyone had a chance to implement this feature? How to check if it was implemented correctly?

Level 10

Hi,

The CustomerID variable is not persistent. It needs to be set on each page along with the authentication state. This allows the various Adobe solutions to use the variable properly. 

As for the first image request having two customerIDs, you may have an implementation issue. Can you tell me how you are implementing the MCID service and the setCustomerID function? Are you deploying via DTM, AEM, or page code?

Cheers,
Jantzen

Correct answer by
Level 10

To clarify my response, once a setCustomerID call is made with an authentication state of authenticated, the Customer ID is associated with the 'mid' used in Analytics. This allows you to view various reports in analytics associated with the ID like Customer Attributes. If you wish to use Target to act on this ID, the ID will need to be set on each page and must be set to authenticated for Target to take action.

Did you still need additional assistance with your original question? If not, is there a reply that we can mark as correct in case others view this post?

Level 1

Hi Jantzen,

Can we persist the customer ID or Authentication State using Adobe Target Profile Scripts?

We want to action on this information. Unfortunately, our website is fragmented and "public" pages do not have knowledge of whether or not a user has been logged in, even in the same session.

-Justine

Level 10

Hi Justine,

I'm not familiar with Target Profile Scripts. I haven't heard of doing that so I'm going to say it's unlikely, but you can always try it in a staging environment. You could also post the question on the Target community to see if anyone over there has had any experience.

Thanks,
Jantzen