Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bing Channel Tracking Question

Level 1

Hello,

Around the middle of last month, we started noticing issues with our Bing Traffic by channel. Looking at our data, it seemed that a lot of traffic that originally came through as paid is now coming in as referral. 

Nothing changed in terms of URLs in our Bing Ad Center account, so I wanted to see if there was any recent changes in Adobe Marketing Cloud that would have caused this. If so, does anyone have a solution on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Mike Picko wrote...

Hello,

Around the middle of last month, we started noticing issues with our Bing Traffic by channel. Looking at our data, it seemed that a lot of traffic that originally came through as paid is now coming in as referral. 

Nothing changed in terms of URLs in our Bing Ad Center account, so I wanted to see if there was any recent changes in Adobe Marketing Cloud that would have caused this. If so, does anyone have a solution on how to fix this.

Mike

Hi Mike,

It's possible that it's something to do with the tracking codes that you have set up for your PPC/adwords etc - they may have changed and it's also possible that the accounts you use to monitor your paid search are no longer correctly linked with the account you're using to monitor your Bing traffic. 

Without more info, it would be hard to pinpoint though.. if you drop me a message at www.eralis.com (I'd prefer not to give my direct email to the masses!), I'll pick it up and I'm sure we can help you out. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Mike Picko wrote...

Hello,

Mike

Hi Mike,

It's possible that it's something to do with the tracking codes that you have set up for your PPC/adwords etc - they may have changed and it's also possible that the accounts you use to monitor your paid search are no longer correctly linked with the account you're using to monitor your Bing traffic. 

Without more info, it would be hard to pinpoint though.. if you drop me a message at www.eralis.com (I'd prefer not to give my direct email to the masses!), I'll pick it up and I'm sure we can help you out. 

Thanks

Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for the response!

Looking at our change history for Bing ads, we haven't changed any URL/tracking codes. Our normal URL structure contains the landing page plus an associated ID code at the end of the URL (for example, ?access=102425). These have not changed since this increase in referral traffic occurred. Below is a list of dates when we noticed the referral increases:

On July 9th, Bing.com became the number 1 source of referral traffic that day, after only representing 1% of referrals in all of June. On July 17th, Bing.com represented around 37% of referral traffic that day. Yesterday, it was about 48%.

Were there any changes to Adobe Marketing Cloud tracking during this time period that might be causing this?

Also, while running a test in Bing, I noticed that a UTM code is being automatically added to the URL. Would this have any effect on the Adobe Marketing Cloud tracking?

Thanks again for your help.

Mike

Level 9

Hi Mike,

Which product are you viewing the tracking in? Is this Adobe Media Optimizer or Adobe Analytics?

Thank you,

Tacia