Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe I/O Benefits

Level 3

Hello Team,

I am working on a use case scenario for Adobe Launch. While integrating Adobe Launch with AEM using Adobe IMS configuration through Adobe I/O I realised that Adobe Launch can also be integrated with AEM by making configurations in AEM, and Adobe I/O will not be required.

I would like to know why Adobe is suggesting to use Adobe I/O to connect Launch console with AEM, while the same can be achieved without using Adobe I/O.

Is it having some advantages which can't be achieved using normal integration.

Please let me know the advantages of using I/O method over config method and vice versa.

Awaiting for your answer.

Thanks in advance,

Harshit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

What I meant by that is its easier to manage the integrations and know what integrations are present when you set that up in the Adobe I/O because what that's going to do is flag it as an integration with the Admin Console under "Integrations" Adobe I/O creates a technical user account for the integration when you set up an integration. That's what I said its easier to set it up that way through Adobe I/O.

APIs

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Harshit,

Good morning! Mostly what that one comes down to is its easier to manage the connection in Adobe I/O. Yes in theory you could do that without it but simply we found that it works better when you do that with Adobe I/O its just easier to work with.

Best,

Kerry

Level 3

Hello Kerry,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you please elaborate how is it easier to work with Adobe I/O rather than working with config way, as I find config way also easier to work with.

Does config method is having connection issues which Adobe I/O will not have in different environments, or it is something related to the page loading process ?

It will be so helpful to know it in a descriptive way, or you can also suggest some documentation link which is describing the same.

Thanks,

Harshit

Correct answer by
Employee

What I meant by that is its easier to manage the integrations and know what integrations are present when you set that up in the Adobe I/O because what that's going to do is flag it as an integration with the Admin Console under "Integrations" Adobe I/O creates a technical user account for the integration when you set up an integration. That's what I said its easier to set it up that way through Adobe I/O.

APIs