Expand my Community achievements bar.

Troubles in push messaging

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I have an issue concerning the push messaging for an iOS app:

I had supposedly written both the correct private key and password in the related spaces, and a test push message to one device (provided the correct token) succeeded. Still, when sending "true" push messages to a broader audience, they all failed to be sent i.e. no one received the messages.

What's the reason?

Thanks in advance,

Francesco

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee

Hi FraCalzero​,

This could be caused due to implementation issues with GCM/FCM API configuration. You can get the step 2 reviewed under the below article:

Push Messaging

If this still doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest that you get a ticket opened with ClientCare team through any of the Supported users​ in your organization. Make sure to relay below details with the incident:

- App build

- Code implemented

- Report Suite and App Name in Mobile Services UI

- Push Message Name with which you tested the issue

Level 2

Thanks Kaushalendra​,

but it is an iOS app. I guessed it had been properly configured for ANPS, otherwise we couldn't even send the trial message to the test device. Am I right?

Level 1

>> "Still, when sending "true" push messages to a broader audience, they all failed to be sent i.e. no one received the messages."

So are you saying that the push notification failed to send, or that devices you expected to receive notifications......did not?

Level 1

I have the same problem. Any suggestion?

Employee

Hi @Fracalzero,

Are you confident that the audience being used contains the user?

In order for the user to become a part of the audience a couple of things, user needs to allow notifications, and needs to be sync'd, hit needs to be sent and processing in analytics.

After you send in the view report are the users, published/failed/blacklisted users?

Also, when installing the app and selecting the allow notifications in a Charles log are you seeing hits sent to Adobe that contains Push Opt-in true?

Jen