Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Only "Unspecified" for our variable 'Login State'

Level 3

We're implementing adobe on our first app and having some problem. I had the dev create a contextdata "login state' with the contextData key value pair of "login state": "loggedout" for the login screen.

The eVar "Login State" exists and can be used, but it only returns "unspecified". What causes it and how can I fix this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

andersonjh

Also, are you seeing the value reported, but seeing Unspecified in addition or are you only seeing Unspecified in reporting.

As it may just be related to https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/analytics/kb/none-unspecified-and-unknown.html

None, Unspecified, Unknown, and Other in reporting in Adobe Analytics

What is the Expire After - Hit, Visit, etc for the eVar?

Jen

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi andersonjh​,

While you have the contextData being sent from the app in a hit and you have the eVar enabled.  Do you have a processing rule created that maps the contextData value to the evar?

Regards,
Jen

Level 3

Hi Jen,

By a processing rule do you mean a rule in Launch or a rule setup in the analytics admin? IF so, then yes. If not, where can I find this rule?

Best Regards,

Jon Anderson

Adobe Consultant

Office: 214-312-6537

Cell: 972-800-7696

andersonjh@aafes.com<mailto:andersonjh@aafes.com>

Employee

andersonjh

I meant a rule in Analytics Admin, processing rules that would say similar to

Overwrite value of Login State (eVar4) To contextData.loginState, if loginState is set

Jen

Correct answer by
Employee

andersonjh

Also, are you seeing the value reported, but seeing Unspecified in addition or are you only seeing Unspecified in reporting.

As it may just be related to https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/analytics/kb/none-unspecified-and-unknown.html

None, Unspecified, Unknown, and Other in reporting in Adobe Analytics

What is the Expire After - Hit, Visit, etc for the eVar?

Jen

Employee

Hi Jon,

Did the previous replies help resolve your inquiry?

Jen