Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mobile - Send Data to Multiple Report Suites

Community Advisor

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to send data to multiple report suites from a mobile app like it is for a website.  I am going to be working on a project where we will want to send data for a specific call within the app to two report suites, but the rest of the time it will only be going to the primary suite.  I know this is possible on a website, but I was curious if this could also work on a mobile app implementation.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Bloomer
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Jeff,

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there is a way to send data to multiple report suites with a single request.  However, there is no API in the mobile SDK to dynamically add and/or remove report suites at runtime, which means that all of the report suites you list in the ADBMobileConfig.json file will get data for every request.  

You can achieve what you want by implementing Vista rules.  With Vista rules, you can decide which report suites should process each request based on the content of the request.  

For example, for the special request that needs to be collected by both report suites, you could set a special context data variable that is only sent for that kind of request.  The Vista rule would only forward the data to your second report suite when that context data variable is present.

For more information on Vista rules, please check out the documentation: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/VISTA.html

Hope this helps.

steve benedick

sr mobile software engineer

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jeff,

Yes. The SDKs provide the ability to send data to multiple Adobe Analytics report suites. To capture data into multiple report suites using a single image request, set the mutiple RSIDs (report suite IDs) into the "rsids" field (under "anayltics" section) in the ADBMobileConfig.json file delimited by commas (with no spaces in-between). For further detail, please review documentation (see rsids variable)

I hope this helps.

Tanmay

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Jeff,

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there is a way to send data to multiple report suites with a single request.  However, there is no API in the mobile SDK to dynamically add and/or remove report suites at runtime, which means that all of the report suites you list in the ADBMobileConfig.json file will get data for every request.  

You can achieve what you want by implementing Vista rules.  With Vista rules, you can decide which report suites should process each request based on the content of the request.  

For example, for the special request that needs to be collected by both report suites, you could set a special context data variable that is only sent for that kind of request.  The Vista rule would only forward the data to your second report suite when that context data variable is present.

For more information on Vista rules, please check out the documentation: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/VISTA.html

Hope this helps.

steve benedick

sr mobile software engineer

Community Advisor

Thanks.  That's the answer I was looking for.

Jeff Bloomer