Expand my Community achievements bar.

iOS crashes with update to v4.13.7

Level 1

Hi there,

we are using the ADBMobile iOS SDK and recently updated to 4.13.7.

Together with the update we added tracking to an app extension, so we set the app group in both, the app and the app extension.

Since the update we are seeing a new top crasher in the app. Looking at the stack trace we have the assumption that it is related to the library.

It would be great if you could have a look and let us know if this looks like a mistake in the usage of the library or if it could be the library itself in combination with iOS extensions and an app group. It is worth noting that this new crash group just appeared after the update to the new version, prior to that there were no exceptional crashes related to the SDK noticeable.

I have attached a crash log in the original issue on the Adobe Mobile SDK GitHub page. If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Thank you,
Kim

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kim,

It sound like you might have a ticket open with Customer Care on this issue. If that's the case, we'd love to have the resolution posted here incase others face that same issue. If you don't have a case currently open with them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 1

Hi Jantzen,

yes, we now have a ticket. I'll post the reason for the crashes once we found it.

Cheers,

Kim

Level 10

Excellent! I appreciate it and i'm sure other community members will as well.

Level 1

Hey there,

unfortunately we haven't been able to track down the cause and had to fall back to a version (4.13.1) of the SDK that was not crashing for us. We will give the 4.14.x versions a try soon, let's hope that we have better luck with those.

Thanks for your support anyways!

Best,

Kim