Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hybrid App Issues

Level 3

Hello Folks - we have a mobile app that is hybrid:

• Login screen and homepage are native: This is tagged via Adobe SDK and JSON file defines the marketingcloud Org and the respective Analytics parameters. This data is collected in report suite A.
  • The checkout flow is HTML controlled via DTM. This data is collected in report suite B.

I have 2 issues:

1. I only see the Visid Call firing in the HTML pages and not on the native side. My understanding is that we enabled the experience cloud and plugged in the information about the Marketing Cloud Org then I should see a Visid call on native and HTML. Can someone confirm if my understanding is accurate?
  2. I am having an issue with visits inflation in report Suite B when looking at visits coming from the native side of the app. We have a query parameter that identifies these scenarios. We implemented a change in the SDK to use vistorAppendToURL and we are currently implementing a change in DTM to add the "overwriteCrossDomainMCIDAndAID: true" based on this help (overwriteCrossDomainMCIDAndAID ). My question is where do I set this up? In the Marketing Cloud Tool or the Analytics tool? Since we are using DTM, we are not using Visitor.getInstance.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

1. From the Native side capturing the hits being sent from either iOS or Android via Charles you will see a visid being called, then in the web you would see a call with the same visid as it would be passed when you use visitorAppendURL in the SDK

2.DTM can handle this.  You will add the setting name overwriteCrossDomainMCIDAndAID = true

Experience Cloud ID Service Settings for DTM

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 4.29.48 PM.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

1. From the Native side capturing the hits being sent from either iOS or Android via Charles you will see a visid being called, then in the web you would see a call with the same visid as it would be passed when you use visitorAppendURL in the SDK

2.DTM can handle this.  You will add the setting name overwriteCrossDomainMCIDAndAID = true

Experience Cloud ID Service Settings for DTM

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 4.29.48 PM.png