Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to retrieve a.referrer.campaign.trackingcode in an app

Level 3

We will soon start using the Mobile Services acquisition links and I understand it sets multiple properties in the app e.g. a.referrer.campaign.trackingcode (https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mobile/android/metrics.html)

What is the best way for a native app to retrieve the value so it can be manipulated, passed to our database, to webview (we have a hybrid app) etc.?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Lukasz,

We are going to release a new version of SDK in about two weeks, in this version you can register a callback for acquisition and SDK will pass back the acquisition data once it receives the data.  Thanks.

Jiabin Geng

Mobile Engineer

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Lukasz,

We are going to release a new version of SDK in about two weeks, in this version you can register a callback for acquisition and SDK will pass back the acquisition data once it receives the data.  Thanks.

Jiabin Geng

Mobile Engineer

Level 3

Hi Jiabin,

Thank you for a quick reply.

Best regards,

Lukasz Urban

Level 3

Hi Jiabin,

Is the functionality you mentioned in place? Could you please point me to the right direction on how I could retrieve the a.referrer.campaign.trackingcode or a.referrer.campaign.name?

Best regards,

Lukasz Urban

Employee

Hi Lukasz,

You can get our latest SDK on https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/mobile-services/releases.  From 4.9.0 version, we provided a new method  - Config.registerAdobeDataCallback(final AdobeDataCallback callback). You can register you own callback  and listen for the MobileDataEvent.MOBILE_EVENT_ACQUISITION_INSTALL event. 

For example:

Config.registerAdobeDataCallback(new AdobeDataCallback() { @Override public void call(MobileDataEvent event, Map<String, Object> contextData) { if(event == MobileDataEvent.MOBILE_EVENT_ACQUISITION_INSTALL){ //contextData contains the acquisition data } } });

Thanks,

Jiabin Geng