Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get App pageviews to populate for Android Apps

Level 1

Hello:

I am working on an ios and android app, the developers for the ios app have successfully implemented most of our metrics, but we're having a problem with android that I don't know how to fix.  Pageviews are not populating for Android.  When I create a segment for Android Pageviews there isn't any data.  Also, when I go to the pageviews report under site metrics there isn't any data either.  Does anyone have any advice for me to tell my android developers?  

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks so much for the reply!  We actually figured it out, the developers were using trackevents instead of an event that would actually increment pageviews.  We were seeing data for everything else in the report suite, just not page views.  To make the mystery even more complex, we were only having the problem with Android.  We're all squared away now though.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Kelly,

The first thing I would recommend would be to validate your mobile implementation to make sure it's sending image requests:

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/validate-your-mobile-app-measurement-implementatio...

If you're not seeing image requests, you'll want to modify your implementation so they successfully fire. If you are seeing image requests but no data in Adobe Analytics, check what trackOffline is set to. From there contact Adobe Marketing Cloud Customer Care verifying the report suite's time stamp support equals the backend report suite setting.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks so much for the reply!  We actually figured it out, the developers were using trackevents instead of an event that would actually increment pageviews.  We were seeing data for everything else in the report suite, just not page views.  To make the mystery even more complex, we were only having the problem with Android.  We're all squared away now though.