Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to assign LifeCycle Metrics and and ECID(MID) to Custom Variables in Adobe Launch Mobile SDK?

Level 1

I see in logs lifecycle metrics gets captured but I want to assign them to custom Variable, how it can be done? Also the MID(Marketing Cloud Visitor ID)? With Mobile Core Extension, I created Data elements and see the value in Data Elements in Assurance but not sure how to assign them to Custom Variable for reporting.

Edit: I created processing rules for other context data only MID is left.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @17467102 

If you plan to use the data element you created for Experience Cloud ID (Mobile Core extension), you should also include a rule action to attach that in the context data. Check out this tutorial for attaching data to an SDK event https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/user-guides/attach-data

Hope this helps,

Emilia Dobrin

Adobe Experience Cloud

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

@17467102 if you want to assign variables in Analytics for reporting, you would need to make a processing rule to map the data into the evar or prop. If you want to assign it for a different purpose, could you please explain your use case a bit more?

Level 1

Hi @Spoorthi_Pujari, Thanks for your reply.

I figured it out for LifeCycle Metrics.

The Only thing I need help with is, MID.

There is Marketing Cloud Visitor ID assigned by Adobe SDK, but to use that on Reporting how we can assign that to custom variable by making processing rule. I tried by assigning a.mcvisId(Context Data) to eVar but it doesn't working. Also tried with mcvisId(Context Data) and mid(Context Data).

Thank you!

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @17467102 

If you plan to use the data element you created for Experience Cloud ID (Mobile Core extension), you should also include a rule action to attach that in the context data. Check out this tutorial for attaching data to an SDK event https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/user-guides/attach-data

Hope this helps,

Emilia Dobrin

Adobe Experience Cloud