Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

help required for Adobe audience manager integration

Level 4

Hi,

I have implemented adobe analytics on my website and all data are getting collected to my report suite. Now I want to flow these data to Adobe audience manager. Could you please tell me the most recommended integration method. As per my knowledge as data is already being collected to report suite, so it could be readily available to adobe audience. 

I have tried below configuration steps but I need guidance and help to complete the steps correctly..

1. Added audience manager tool(Add a tool) under DTM. I selected here my adobe analytics tool but here it is asking for custom page code to intialize the integrated code. Could you please suggest me on this case?

2. Also I tried the integration method: Profiles and Audiences Integration. Here I selected the raw analytics data > my report suite and so I can see all my events & eVars with all historical data. But same is not showing under Adobe audience manager > manage data > segments/traits. Could you please suggest me on this case?

What additional configuration required for this integration process. I am refering the below link for this.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/c_profiles_audiences.html

Thanks in advance,

Manish

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Manish,

The recommended method for integrating Adobe Analytics and Adobe Audience Manager via DTM is as follows:

1. Deploy Analytics via DTM tool.
  2. Remove the Audience Manager tool (if present)
  3. Inside the Analytics tool in DTM, deploy the Audience Manager module via the custom code option.
  4. Contact Customer Care with the tracking servers used by your site and have them enable server-side forwarding
  5. Test and deploy changes via DTM.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you,

Jantzen

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Manish,

The recommended method for integrating Adobe Analytics and Adobe Audience Manager via DTM is as follows:

1. Deploy Analytics via DTM tool.
  2. Remove the Audience Manager tool (if present)
  3. Inside the Analytics tool in DTM, deploy the Audience Manager module via the custom code option.
  4. Contact Customer Care with the tracking servers used by your site and have them enable server-side forwarding
  5. Test and deploy changes via DTM.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you,

Jantzen

Level 4

Hi Jantzen,

Thanks for your suggestion.As of now I can't proceed for this server side forwarding integration method and just want to sent my analytics data to audience manager through DTM. 
So in that case (also you mentioned on the step 3 you mentioned to apply custom code), as per my knowledge it can be done through DIL code implementation under customize page code option in adobe analytics tool. But I am unable to find the same. 

Kindly provide the sample DIL code or source to get this DIL code. 

Thanks,

Manish

Level 10

Hi Manish,

Your assumption is right. you should follow this document. for sample DIL code you can use below.

// Audience manager sample DIL Code var _scObj = s_gi(s_account); var rDil = DIL.create({ partner : "<AAM PARTENER ID>", uuidCookie:{ name:'aam_uuid', days:30 }, visitorService: { namespace: '<MARKETING CLOUD ID>' } }); DIL.modules.siteCatalyst.init(_scObj, rDil, { names: ['pageName', 'channel', 'campaign', 'products', 'events', 'pe', 'referrer', 'server', 'purchaseID', 'zip', 'state'], iteratedNames: [{ name: 'eVar', maxIndex: 75 }, { name: 'prop', maxIndex: 75 }, { name: 'pev', maxIndex: 3 }, { name: 'hier', maxIndex: 4 }] }); if(typeof s.prop19 != 'undefined' && s.prop19) { rDil.api.aamIdSync({ dpid: '<STRING>', //must be a string value dpuuid: '<ADOBE ANALYTICS variable>', //must be a string value minutesToLive: 20160 //optional field but good to have }); };

Regards,

Amit

Level 4

Amit_Kumar wrote...

Hi Manish,

Your assumption is right. you should follow this document. for sample DIL code you can use below.

1. // Audience manager sample DIL Code
  3. var _scObj = s_gi(s_account);
  5. var rDil = DIL.create({
  6. partner : "<AAM PARTENER ID>",
  7. uuidCookie:{
  8. name:'aam_uuid',
  9. days:30
  10. },
  11. visitorService: {
  12. namespace: '<MARKETING CLOUD ID>'
  13. }
  14. });
  16. DIL.modules.siteCatalyst.init(_scObj, rDil, {
  17. names: ['pageName', 'channel', 'campaign', 'products', 'events', 'pe', 'referrer', 'server', 'purchaseID', 'zip', 'state'],
  18. iteratedNames: [{
  19. name: 'eVar',
  20. maxIndex: 75
  21. }, {
  22. name: 'prop',
  23. maxIndex: 75
  24. }, {
  25. name: 'pev',
  26. maxIndex: 3
  27. }, {
  28. name: 'hier',
  29. maxIndex: 4
  30. }]
  31. });
  33. if(typeof s.prop19 != 'undefined' && s.prop19)
  34. {
  35. rDil.api.aamIdSync({
  36. dpid: '<STRING>', //must be a string value
  37. dpuuid: '<ADOBE ANALYTICS variable>', //must be a string value
  38. minutesToLive: 20160 //optional field but good to have
  39. });
  40. };

Regards,

Amit

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your suggestion.I already gone through the mentioned document and also found the similiar sample DIL code 

here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/r_dil_sc_init.html

I applied the same under customize page code option in adobe analytics tool through DTM but while validating this through DTM debugger in console, getting error as 

>> Uncaught ReferenceError: DIL is not defined

_satellite.init.tools.3a9bf3b2560b2a6580fab8b27d5fee08.customInit@satelliteLib-d2b673b…-staging.js:4
T.extend.sendBeacon@satelliteLib-d2b673b…-staging.js:3
T.extend.onSCodeLoaded@satelliteLib-d2b673b…-staging.js:3
(anonymous function)@satelliteLib-d2b673b…-staging.js:2
i@satelliteLib-d2b673b…-staging.js:2
onload.e.onload@satelliteLib-d2b673b…-staging.js:2

Kindly suggest on this case. 

Thanks

Manish

Level 10

Hi Manish,

If you are not going to use server-side forwarding, you can simply deploy the AAM tool inside DTM. This tool will deploy the necessary DIL code for you.

Thank you,
Jantzen

Level 4

Jantzen.Belliston wrote...

Hi Manish,

If you are not going to use server-side forwarding, you can simply deploy the AAM tool inside DTM. This tool will deploy the necessary DIL code for you.

Thank you,
Jantzen

Thanks Jantzen!

I have checked with Adobe customer care and implemented server side forwarding. Now I can see data into Audience manager.

With this I have a question that - is there any way to export data from audience manager and verify the data which is transferred from adobe analytics?

Level 10

I'm glad Customer Care was able to help you get server-side forwarding setup.

There isn't really an export for just Analytics data. We have content data feeds that can outbound any raw data signals being loaded into the system. Using these might give some insight. We can also export the list of segments that have been realized but we don't have a way to just export the Analytics data. 

Since the original post seems to have been answered, would you mind marking the reply that best answered your original question as correct? That way, anyone else coming to this thread can easily find the answer.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 2

Hi Jantzen,

I am trying to integrate AAM with AA through DTM and I have done with  adding AAM in DTM. Now I am able to find the event call triggering like https://mycompany.demdex.net/event?_ts=1509097835158 in my debugger. Please help me with my following doubts,

1) I need to confirm whether I am getting my analytics data like evars, props, events,etc through that call ?

2) If I am getting where I can see in that call that those variables are getting passed ?

3)  Where those datas where getting stored in AAM ?

Thanks in Advance,

Sundhara M