Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Excel Import

Level 2

Hi,

Can somebody please let me know how do I import a excel file into Audience manager directly to create traits and segments out of it?

Also, how do I use these traits and segments directly in Adobe Analytics

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I don't believe there is a tool for importing Microsoft Excel files directly into AAM. We typically recommend customers to take a look at the inbounding data documentation. Additionally, you can contact AAM support and ask about the Bulk Managment tool.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I'd suggest reviewing our documentation on inbounding data for AAM here. After reviewing that, I'd also have a look at our Customer Attributes documentation here. Customer Attributes would also be a great way to use that data in Adobe Analytics via the People (Audiences) core service. Please let me know if you have additional questions after reviewing the documentation.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I already went through that section. However, the exact steps on how to load the data from excel to Audience manager via Profiles and audiences is not clear to me.

Is there any kind of tutorial or practice material for the same?

Level 10

I'm not aware of a document that showed this process being done. I'll note that as something missing from our knowledge base. 

I was able to log into my sandbox account and complete the process, below are the steps I took:

Ensure you have a valid file:

• Must be comma separated.
  • Data must begin with the header.
  • File type must be .csv only.
  • For other supported upload formats (.gz, .zip), please see the help documentation.
  • This service allows you to upload customer data to the Marketing Cloud. You are responsible for using customer data in compliance with your privacy policies and applicable laws.

Upload the file to the Marketing Cloud:

• Click the 9 dot solution switcher button in the upper right
  • Click the "Profiles & Audiences" navigation link
  • Click the "Customer Attributes" link in the top navigation bar
  • Click the "New" button to create a new data source
  • Give the source a name and description
  • Give the source a unique Alias ID
  • Drag and drop your CSV file to the File Upload box
  • Configure subscriptions to each of the Adobe solutions where this data will be used
  • Activate the source
  • Save 

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 10

Hi,

Are you still having an issue uploading excel files?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the response. However, I do not want to load the offline data into Profiles and Audiences but into Audience Manager itself. I am thinking of a situation when a customer has already purchased AAM to load offline data. Does he still need to use the Profile And Audience to load the data?

Isn't any option available from the Audience Manager itself to upload the offline data?

Correct answer by
Level 10

I don't believe there is a tool for importing Microsoft Excel files directly into AAM. We typically recommend customers to take a look at the inbounding data documentation. Additionally, you can contact AAM support and ask about the Bulk Managment tool.