Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Working with Adobe Campaign Standard's REST APIs

Level 10

Hello Community,

If you are interested in Adobe Campaign Standard and its REST APIs, here is an article for you: https://helpx.adobe.com/campaign/kb/working-with-acs-api.html

In this article, you will learn how to use Adobe I/O and some examples of what types of operations can be performed.

Also, don't forget to have a look at the official documentation here.

Let me know if you have any comments.

Florent.

10 Replies

Level 6

Hi Florent,

We are using the at Rest API to create a profile and add a subscription to the profile.  There is an issue we are having which we have open a support ticket for the issue "TK116483 - When Creating a Profile through Adobe IO - Organization not set correctly".   When the profile is created the Organizational Unit is not being set and there for it is set to blanks.  The API does not allow for the setting of the Organizational or Geographical Unit.  That make the profile irretrievable through the UI.  If we navigate to the Subscription you can see that the User is subscribed with the correct profile.  

Have you seen this issue before?

John at Cru

Level 10

Hi John,

I think a best practice here would be to extend the profile resource with geo and org units and to expose it to the API when publishing the resource extension. These fields will then be available for profile creation and you'll be able to see the profiles in the UI.

You can find an example of resource extension here: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/standard/en/ADM_Development_Use_case-_API_extension.html

Let me know how it goes,

Florent.

Level 6

We have already added those fields by checking the box add access authorization management fields.  When that is check it indicates that the follow fields will be added 'Organizational Unit' and 'Geographical Unit'.  I tried to attach a screen print of that.

Level 6

I didn't get the field names but they are working on updating the documentation.  The good news is the problem I was having got resolved when we switched the API call from serviceAndProfile to serviceAndProfileExt.  Using the ext it defaults the org and geo units to All which works for us.  Just make sure you are generating the At Rest API when you publish the profile schema in the production environment.

Hope that helps. 

John

Level 4

When you posted to /profileAndServicesExt/profile/  did you get Error rc=-2003?

Level 6

No error.  We followed this set up: Using Adobe Campaign Standard APIs to maximize your cross-channel campaigns

It is tricky getting it set up correctly.  Also under Administration/Development/diagnosis/data schema that there is a Profile (ext.recipient)

Level 2

Hi

any update on this feature?

Is still not possible to update geo and org unit via API?

Any news on this?

Fabio

Level 3

I am receiving a similar error. Do you now the root cause for this issue?

Error rc=-2003

Level 1

Hi,

I have gone through above links, it's about how to call ACS from external services. But how can we make a call from ACS to external service. I don't see any JS activity in ACS like as classic.

Thanks in advance..