Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Where to see data exported using Data Extraction/Export component of a workflow.lly

Level 2

Hi,

I am creating a workflow, where I want to export a list of data. I have used Data Extraction component and the workflow ran successfully but I was not able to see any file being exported. May be, I am looking at wrong place. Can anyone help me where exactly I can find the exported file?

Thanks,

Jyoti

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi jyotiyadav3‌,

In the Data Extracton (file) workflow object under the file name field you would have provided a file name (for example "<filename>.txt") and also setup the fields to be extracted using the "Edit the file format" link right under this.

Now upon running this, the extraction is done directly to a dedicated folder on the server. The path to this for example on a windows server installation is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Campaign v6\var\<instancename>\export". The quivalent on a Linux server would be "/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/<instancename>/export".

Example below:

Workflow and settings in the Data Extraction (File)

886980_pastedImage_34.png

Folder on the server:

886979_pastedImage_31.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi jyotiyadav3‌,

In the Data Extracton (file) workflow object under the file name field you would have provided a file name (for example "<filename>.txt") and also setup the fields to be extracted using the "Edit the file format" link right under this.

Now upon running this, the extraction is done directly to a dedicated folder on the server. The path to this for example on a windows server installation is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Campaign v6\var\<instancename>\export". The quivalent on a Linux server would be "/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/<instancename>/export".

Example below:

Workflow and settings in the Data Extraction (File)

886980_pastedImage_34.png

Folder on the server:

886979_pastedImage_31.png

Employee

To add to what Donald stated, unlike the Data loading (file) activity, which can push a local file to the server, you don't have the option with Data extraction to download the file to your local machine. You would need to set up FTP or have direct access to the server.

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to do something similar and send the exported data via an email (Delivery Template) using the calculated attachment option 'File name is computed during delivery of each message'.

Would there be a way to programmatically get the path to this exported file so I can set it as an option using: setOption('myFIleAttachment', <path_to_file>)

and then being able to retrieve it from the Delivery using <%@ include option='myFIleAttachment' %>

I hate hard coding things. But this is what I have so far:

vars.filename = '/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/' + getOption('NmsTracking_Instance') + '/export/Data_Extract_' + formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y-%2M-%2D") + '.csv';

setOption('myFIleAttachment', vars.filename);

Thanks,

Justin.

Level 4

Hi Linda,

Does it have to be a server ? What needs to be done if we do want to download it in our local machine?

Thanks

Senthil

Employee Advisor

Hi Senthil,

You will have to export it on the sFTP server. There is no direct way to export and download it on local machine.

Regards,
Vipul