Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

What is Adobe Genesis

Level 4

Hi All,

I have the following questions, please share your knowledge.

1. What is Adobe genesis ?

2. When should we use Web Analytics connector in Adobe Campaign, as mentioned in  Web Analytics connectors ?

Regards,

Mano

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Mano,

Genesis connector is part of Web Analytics package of Campaign.

Using this connector you can share offline kpis between Campaign and Adobe Analytics.

Also it will allow you to enrich the tracking formula in a way to have Analytics specific data added to each tracked link for onle tracking of information over a website or landing page also running with Analytics.

This will help you determine how many visitors on website came through your email and then get their cart abandonement and other information inside campaign to use them for re-targeting.

Please refer to official documentation: Adobe Genesis connector

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Mano,

Genesis connector is part of Web Analytics package of Campaign.

Using this connector you can share offline kpis between Campaign and Adobe Analytics.

Also it will allow you to enrich the tracking formula in a way to have Analytics specific data added to each tracked link for onle tracking of information over a website or landing page also running with Analytics.

This will help you determine how many visitors on website came through your email and then get their cart abandonement and other information inside campaign to use them for re-targeting.

Please refer to official documentation: Adobe Genesis connector

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hi Vipul,

Thanks a lot !!

I could not find any references to "Adobe Genesis" or relationship between "Adobe Genesis" and "Adobe Analytics" in the official documentation. The documentation only refers to "Web Analytics" and "Web Analytics" is a very broad term.

Particularly these lines from the documentation are ambiguous. On reading the below lines one would think that Adobe Genesis is another Product from Adobe. But only after reading your post above, I can conclude that it is refering to Adobe Analytics.

The words "Web Analytics" can be changed to "Adobe Analytics"

"The Adobe Genesis connector allows Adobe Campaign and Adobe Genesis interact."

"Using the Adobe Genesis connector, Adobe Campaign has a way of measuring internet audience (Web Analytics). "

Adobe Genesis connector

Web Analytics connectors

Regards,

Mano

Employee Advisor

Hi Mano,

This is valuable feedback which we will definitely report to our Documentation team.

Apologies for the confusion caused. It seems that this page was created long back and has not been updated ever since.

Please watch out the documentation page for updates in the next release from our side.

Regards,
Vipul

cc: florentlb

Level 4

Hi Vipul,

Does it mean that Adobe campaign can only integrate with adobe analytics through this Adobe Genesis? I am not finding any way to integrate Google analytics with AC with Adobe genesis connector.

Its really confusing as Mano mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Manish

Community Advisor

Genesis connector is not the only option for Analytics integration.

GA integration steps as  almost the same steps as AA integration

David

David Kangni

Level 4

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply! Could you please share some links/technical document which supports your statement. That will be helpful for all of us.

I can see the 'other' option present just below adobe genesis under web analytics external account in AC. I also found some insights on this into forum : GA integration with Adobe

Regards

Manish

Level 4

I believe there is additional option (standalone or needed w/ the Genesis option), you can schedule a technical workflow to extract the required campaign data elements on daily basis from Adobe campaign mart (system tables) to SFTP site or push the files to Analytics. Keep in mind that via Genesis connector, you will be able to transfer/share with Analytics the standard data elements. Any enriched data elements (attributes) you may have added in campaigns (e.g., campaign/segment metadata, snapshot attributes, etc.), you will need to extract those via flat file extract method to Analytics if required by reporting.

It all comes to the requirements and what is needed for reporting and analysis in Adobe Analytics.

Thanks.

Level 2

Hello Vipul,

Can you please let me know how can i receive data back from GA to ACC? I followed all the steps mentioned in our step by step process and our GA team has confirmed that they are receiving the data. Now how do I import that data back to campaign? Is there a way to integrate directly in GA, where there is a 2 way communication (receiving the data back from GA for re targeting)?

Thank you,

VR