Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

URL shorten-er in Adobe Campaign

Level 3

Hi All,

We wanted to know if there a way to use URL shorten-er in Adobe Campaign OOTB. We need to send SMS with links to a webPage. But this link will increase the character count of the SMS. Is there something in Adobe Campaign which will produce a shorter version of the URL and can be included in the SMS communication?

I wanted to have a OOTB solution, and not an integration with an external system which will incur some cost.

Thanks,

Subhajit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Subhajit,

Their no URL shortener available OOTB in Campaign yet but I do know there is an Enhancement request raised for the same to integrate with bit.ly but it has not been added yet in the product.

You can still use any URL shortener in SMS deliveries , the only limitation is the tracking will not be present for such deliveries . So if you are okay without tracking data present for SMS deliveries , you can still use any shortened URL .

But , if you do need tracking enabled for shortened URLs , it is still not functional .

Regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Subhajit,

Their no URL shortener available OOTB in Campaign yet but I do know there is an Enhancement request raised for the same to integrate with bit.ly but it has not been added yet in the product.

You can still use any URL shortener in SMS deliveries , the only limitation is the tracking will not be present for such deliveries . So if you are okay without tracking data present for SMS deliveries , you can still use any shortened URL .

But , if you do need tracking enabled for shortened URLs , it is still not functional .

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 3

Hi Adhiyan,

Thanks for the information.

Do you mean we can integrate with an external URL shortener tool by a custom code or some mechanism can be developed from inside of Adobe Campaign? Client do not want to spend additional money behind this (for procuring license etc.), so I am looking if something can be developed within Adobe Campaign itself.

Regards,

Subhajit

Employee

Hi Subhajit,

The integration with a 3rd party shortener is there to explore but I don't have an idea on how to start but technically it might be possible.

You can also use a 3rd party provider who allows query string forwarding so that you can use and track the shortened link in campaign but create them in a different tool.

Regards,

Adhiyan