Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Transactional message routing failed

Level 2

Hi,

When I want to send an transactional message with the API and look at the response, I get a status "routingFailed". In the API documentation you get the following explanation:

routingFailed: the routing phase failed - this may occur for example when the type of event specified cannot be found.

This explanation doesn't make me any other wiser. Where do I start looking to fix this?

Kind regards,

Andro Delrue

4 Replies

Employee

Hi androd58052764

The 'routingFailed' response is mostly attributed to event not getting mapped to its corresponding template.

To start with, you could first verify does the event template exist on the Message Center Instance, maybe check on it by firing an API Call etc.

If that's positive, then we could investigate further why this error might be coming.

Level 2

Hi,

There is no data in the Message Center, but the weird thing is that when I go to the event I see the transactional message linked to it (see screenshot). Both event and message are published as well.

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-19 om 10.48.05.png

Employee Advisor

Hi androd58052764,

You are on ACS and have a transactional event which is linked to Profile schema based on a field, most probably email.

routingFailed means when it tried to connect your event to a template and fetch the personalisation elements something went wrong. In most cases it happens that there is no corresponding profile which the event can link itself to.

Imagin you have defined the event to connect to a profile based on incoming event field cusEmail. The incoming event passes email address abc@mydomain.com as the cusEmail value.

When the system tries to fetch the corresponding Profile, it cannot locate one with the same email address.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Hi,

The profile does exist. Here is how my event is set up:

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-20 om 10.11.19.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-20 om 10.11.35.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-20 om 10.11.49.png

The data I send is something like this:

{

"email": aa@bb.com

}

The actual email address I use has a profile.
There is nothing wrong with this or am I missing something?

Regards,

Andro