Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Tracking SOAP service transactional emails from message center + analytics

Level 1

Hi,

I am working to improve analytics on the triggered transactional emails we send out.

Some of these emails are triggered by online activities, others are triggered by offline (POS) activities.

Our systems use the SOAP service to send the emails from Adobe Campaign using message center.

We have about 4 different types of transactional emails including registration emails.

Order, Welcome, Shipping Update, Product Registration, etc.

For "Product Registration Email" we have 5 different products that get registration emails sent out to our customers.

To improve our reporting we would like to generate reporting that shows open % and link clicks in our emails broken out by these dimensions:

- Triggered campaign email type (welcome, order, registration, etc.)

- In the case of "Product Registration Email" - what item was registered? itemId=1, itemId=2, etc.

- Individual user ID email sent to

- What links were clicked in the email (broken out by Triggered campaign email type)

How do we add a tracking pixel to the SOAP triggered emails?

How do we add new data items to that pixel?

How can we make sure that data is stored in the DB?

How can we query the DB to pull out our reporting?

Does anybody have any experience with this kind of tracking?

Thanks for your help.

Chris C.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Chris,

Here are some first thoughts on your questions:

How do we add a tracking pixel to the SOAP triggered emails?

>> By activating the tracking on the message center template used for those triggered emails

How do we add new data items to that pixel?

>> I'm not sure if this is possible, the tracking pixel has one job and one job only: returning if the email was opened or not (the image was queried or not)

How can we make sure that data is stored in the DB?

>> See above

How can we query the DB to pull out our reporting?

>> You should be able to retrieve the data you need using SQL queries. You also should have access to default reports created for each Message Center template.

Please share more details about your requirements if my answers above do not apply to you.

Florent