Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Subscription via Workflow and Sending of Transactional message

Level 2

Dear ACS community,

I'm looking for a solution that we can import new profiles and subscribe them to a service.

So far so easy using workflows in ACS.

The specific service contains a custom message, which leads to a transactional message being sent.

tommy_8_0-1631254720143.png

This message is only sent for regular subscriptions outside workflows.

Can I force that this message is sent also when subscribing users within a workflow?

Can I link/trigger a transactional message from within a workflow?

Thanks, best regards

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Thomas,

I see your dilemma and it's a tricky one because although ideal using the Transactional Message at Subscription level would be, you could face some performance issue when the workflow updates large volume of subscription and this is the reason why the message at Subscription isn't triggered when subscribing via a workflow, it will make the solution quite unstable (image hundred of thousands transactional emails sent)

For your scenario, there is no other option that to have 2 emails:

1. Transactional Email for subscription happening on a one-to-one basis (via a landing page for instance)
  2. Marketing Email for susbcriptions happening in bulk: you would build a 2nd workflow that would take anyone who has subscribed since last executed and send the marketing email to this audience. This 2nd workflow can be invoked at the end of your subscription workflow

Hope this helps

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Thomas,

I see your dilemma and it's a tricky one because although ideal using the Transactional Message at Subscription level would be, you could face some performance issue when the workflow updates large volume of subscription and this is the reason why the message at Subscription isn't triggered when subscribing via a workflow, it will make the solution quite unstable (image hundred of thousands transactional emails sent)

For your scenario, there is no other option that to have 2 emails:

1. Transactional Email for subscription happening on a one-to-one basis (via a landing page for instance)
  2. Marketing Email for susbcriptions happening in bulk: you would build a 2nd workflow that would take anyone who has subscribed since last executed and send the marketing email to this audience. This 2nd workflow can be invoked at the end of your subscription workflow

Hope this helps

Thanks

Denis

Level 2

hi @Denis_Bozonnet , thanks for pointing our options out.

For the second step we will need to copy&paste the HTML of the transactional message and rebuild a delivery.

Thanks again

Thomas

Employee Advisor

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, yes you would have to do such copy/paste. On the reporting side, you would have to build a dynamic report filtering by the 2 deliveries to get an overview of the deliveries for the subscription service.

Thanks

Denis