Found the reason. It is a configuration issue of the external account.
There is an endPointSend attribute inside the external account which seems to be missing.
You need to configure it correctly.
Also if you are on one of the latest builds please use Extended Generic SMPP Connector.
Thanks for the valuable nformation
I have contacted third party vendor for the integration.They are asking the following details
1)Which type of SMPP client you are(Kannel,Now SMS)
2)How many sessions are required?
Can you please help me to understand.
MID is a specific package which an on-prem customer usually buys to have Adobe handle the email/SMS sending aspect. Please do check your contract for it.
Once the configuration is complete, no special coding is needed.
All you need is to prepare a SMS delivery and send it out.
You need to perform the steps I outlined earlier.
Since you are on v7, you should be using Extended Generic SMPP Connector.
On the external account, select this connector and then check for the data that needs to be configured.
Take that to your vendor to get the relevant values to be filled in.
Once the account has been configured, you can test out few SMSs to see if it goes out fine.
Since you are on-prem, there is a possibility you might be using Adobe hosted MID instance to send out emails. If MID is also to be used for sending SMS, the external account will be setup by Adobe Support but you still need to provide them with the required data.
Can you please confirm on the following?
1. Which Campaign build you are currently on?
2. Which vendor are you using?
3. The instance is it Adobe hosted or on-premise?
To answer few preliminary queries
1. Yes, Campaign is equipped to communicate on HTTP with the SMS vendor.
2. Get the Campaign server IP whitelisted on the SMS vendor side.
3. Check with the SMS vendor do they support TX+RX mode or work only for TRX. It is important as the decision might require you to upgrade.
4. Buy separate credentials/accounts to use on different servers like Prod, Stage and Dev. Campaign requires you to not use the same account on multiple servers.