Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Outputting data as a PDF?

Level 1

Hi all,

You can obviously output data in a .csv or .xml file from Adobe Campaign, but is it possible to output a PDF file? Can this file, or the previously mentioned file types, then be added to a Delivery as an attachment?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Andy,

Ok. What I meant is that you can create custom reports with the data you need and then export these reports as PDF. I know no other way of getting a PDF. If you export raw data from a workflow or by using the generic export function, you will only be able to get CSV, XML, TAB or TXT files.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Andy,

PDF is one of the possible export format for reports. You can find information about how to do this here. You will be able to download it onto your computer.

Then, when creating a delivery, you will be able to attach files by selecting the Attachments link, as explained here. CSV and PDF can be attached to a delivery. Attaching XML files is not recommended as they can be considered unsafe by some providers.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

Level 1

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the reply, that's much appreciated. My query was more about the possibility of outputting data used, or created, as part of a campaign as a PDF instead of an XML or CSV file. A third party tool like Pentaho could be used to pick up the output and convert it, but I'd be keen to know if there was a quicker way. 

Thanks again. 

Andy

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Andy,

Ok. What I meant is that you can create custom reports with the data you need and then export these reports as PDF. I know no other way of getting a PDF. If you export raw data from a workflow or by using the generic export function, you will only be able to get CSV, XML, TAB or TXT files.

Hope this helps,

Florent.