Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

New custom channel Adobe Campaign Classic 6.1

Level 2

Hi

I want to create a new custom OUTBOUND channel on Adobe Campaign Classic (V6.1).  The integration for this channel is different than email, mobile app, direct mail, agency, etc integration and the channel properties are different too.

For that, I created an extended delivery schema with a new one messageType value for the new channel and I added new attributes (parameters for this new channel).

In order to create a delivery template for this channel, I have to modify the delivery form for adding the new attributes for this new channel with containers which apply only for this channel.

Does anyone know if there is a better way for create a new outbound channel?

Regards.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Joana,

I don't know much about the details for building a custom channel, as this kind of request is generally handled by our consulting team, which might have some insight or packages to share with you, in case you don't find your way through this by yourself.

Don't hesitate to update this thread with your specific questions and findings in case other experts can help you as well.

Florent

Community Advisor

I am interested in what this new channel entails, what will it generate? how will it communicate to the end-point? how does it work? which tables will it get its data from?

We have a bestpoke channel or (outbound channel as you call it) in my environment whereby we generate automated "newsfeeds" or file exports based on realtime events that are to be uploaded to our website/portal. Is it something similar to this? or will you be firing SOAP calls to some other third-party.

Level 2

Hi david, this channel will call an third-party (rest api service). I have to send it contacts and some information: Adobe Campaign's information like deliveryId, broadLogId but another custom information for this channel which it will be on delivery extended schema.

My question is if anyone has changed the delivery form for some custom channel. I need to create a template delivery for this new channel which has the correct form delivery (with the information needed for this channel, custom information).

Regards.

Level 10

Hi Joana,

I don't have enough experience with building custom channels to answer your questions. Can you summarize what you did until now and where are you encountering issues or are having difficulties? This way, other experts will bel able to understand clearly your case and your situation.

Thanks,

Florent

Level 10

Hi,

Any update here?

Let us know,

Florent