Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Move email to another campaign

Level 2

Hi there,

I'm new with Standard version, could anyone help with these beginner questions about email/delivery?

1. Is it possible to move an email created under one campaign(folder) to another campaign(folder)?

2. if I create an email, and didn't fill the "campaign" field at the properties during the creating steps, I cannot find/search that email anymore anywhere, where did it go?

3.  if I created the email, how can i add it to a workflow?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kabeiro,

To answer your questions:

1) I know in Campaign Classic you can move a email from one Campaign to another using the mass update field and changing to associated foreign key of the Campaign associated to the delivery. The mass update functionality is not available in ACS so the only way that you may be able to do this is through a workflow where you query the delivery in question and run that into an update activity to change the foreign key. That said, if the delivery has already been sent and responded to by recipients this may cause inconsistencies in dynamic reporting as dynamic reports are generated by information received from the Campaign application.

2) I would check under Marketing Activities and performing a search only for deliveries (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/getting-started/discovering-the-inte...). If you're still having issues finding it, you may want to try a workflow to query for the delivery to ensure that it wasn't deleted by mistake.

3) If you created an ad-hoc email versus a template, you won't be able to add it to a workflow. Typically adding a delivery to a workflow requires you to add the delivery activity to the workflow and select a template or build out a new delivery within the content editor.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kabeiro,

To answer your questions:

1) I know in Campaign Classic you can move a email from one Campaign to another using the mass update field and changing to associated foreign key of the Campaign associated to the delivery. The mass update functionality is not available in ACS so the only way that you may be able to do this is through a workflow where you query the delivery in question and run that into an update activity to change the foreign key. That said, if the delivery has already been sent and responded to by recipients this may cause inconsistencies in dynamic reporting as dynamic reports are generated by information received from the Campaign application.

2) I would check under Marketing Activities and performing a search only for deliveries (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/getting-started/discovering-the-inte...). If you're still having issues finding it, you may want to try a workflow to query for the delivery to ensure that it wasn't deleted by mistake.

3) If you created an ad-hoc email versus a template, you won't be able to add it to a workflow. Typically adding a delivery to a workflow requires you to add the delivery activity to the workflow and select a template or build out a new delivery within the content editor.

Regards,

Craig