Missing records after segmentation in ACS

bjornkummeling

17-02-2020

Hi,

I'm using a segmentation in ACS to define different targetgroups in a maillist.

My input contains 610 unique records, my ouput contains only 604 or 605 records. The difference between the outcome of these two segmentations already is strange.

 

I've 431 unique customers who are involved in my campaign, but I need all records to inform them about each product.

 

Thank you in advance.

 

Kind regards,

Björn

 

bjornkummeling_1-1581949895742.png

 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bjornkummeling

19-02-2020

Hi,

After contacting one of Adobes consultants, we solved the problem.

What happens? If a customer (profile) appears in more than 1 segment, the output with the current configuration places the customer in 1 segment. When a customer should be in segments 2, 3 or 4 i've to turn 'enable overlapping of outbound populations' on.

 

After turning this option on:

 

bjornkummeling_0-1582136568079.png

the result is ok (610 records in, 610 records out)

bjornkummeling_1-1582136651661.png

Normally the target has to be unique. But in this case, it didn't have to be, because all segments contain different content.

So always check carefully if customers really have appear more than once in your output, using this option in the segmentation.

 

Kind regards,

Björn

 

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ManjulaPongiappan

18-02-2020

Hi,

Please open the segment activity and check the below options

  1. As per your conversation, the filter option is ‘Yes’ and the Limit option is ‘No’ (as highlighted below) in your each segment.

 

ManjulaPongiappan_0-1582095148300.png

 

  1. And the resource type for segmentation should be your previous activity like below:

ManjulaPongiappan_1-1582095148306.png

 

  1. No need to add extra segment to get complements, You can get it by checking the ‘generate complement’ option like below

ManjulaPongiappan_2-1582095148316.png

 

 

Now check the interim result of complement records like below. So, you will get to know, why the records are dropped (which filtering condition is not satisfied for that particular record).

ManjulaPongiappan_3-1582095148320.png

 

  1. In the union activity try to take ‘all shared columns’. So, the final workflow looks like as below:

ManjulaPongiappan_4-1582095148348.png

 

Thanks!!.

 

bjornkummeling

18-02-2020

Hi,

 

I've checked if I had any filters or limitations in my segmentation, but I had none.

I can't imagine that the complement function in a segmentation doesn't contain all remaining records. Because that's the reason why I generate a complement 😀 

 

The query in the segmentation is based on a combination of fields: 'verlengingsdatum (date)', 'aflosdatum (date)', 'verlengings_dt_2 (date)'. I added an extra segment, to make sure the complement should be 'zero'.

 

I've imported the data file once again in a Load File and the problem still exists. I added a new load file to ensure this.

 

Still the segmentation starts with 610 records (containing 431 unique customers or profiles). But only 605 records are exported towards the union. Although the combinations of columns are unique, a few customers are filtered in the output and appear only once, instead of two or three times.

 

I've selected these customers, based on their profile in a new segmentation (number 8). After that all records are visible in the audience.

 

 

 

I don't understand why some records are missing in my output.

 

Hope to hear some hints!

 

Kind regards,

Björn

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

manjulap9198882

17-02-2020

Hi,

Please check the below points in segmentation activity.

 

1. The records might not fulfilled the criteria which you written in filtering section of segmentation activity. Could you please check the missing records field value details in backend. 

2. Check that any limitation applied on the output records count.

 

Thanks,

Manjula 

SatheeskannaK

MVP

17-02-2020

Hi @bjornkummeling 

 

Usually count difference in segmentation outcome happens, if we don't have proper filtering criteria. For example, if i want to get a list of profiles belongs to business named "Consumer" from the transition. You can maybe think of having one segmentation with filtering criteria as Business is equal to "Consumer" and remaining can go as complement. But sometimes this will not work properly.

To achieve this will use one segmentation filtering as Business is equal to "Consumer" and on another segmentation filtering criteria would be Business is not equal to "Consumer" and Business is not empty. Here generate complement won't be used.

If you can adjust the filtering criteria for segmentation activities that will give you expected count you're looking.

Still if you're not getting the expected count then would it be possible to share the segmentation6 & 7 activities filtering criteria.

 

Thanks!