Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Implementing "Deliver a Read-receipt" functionality in Campaign similar to Outlook?

Level 7

Hello Folks,

Hope you're doing great!

I have been working on campaign for long time and i came across an impressive question from one of my team lead that why can't we Deliver a Read-receipt functionality?

A simple example when we fire emails from campaign we are able to check/track user activity on the emails from the tracking / broadlogs etc. But have you ever wondered that we are just straightaway getting known personal information of the end users without their consent. We can able to see what links he/she clicked and number of times mail has been opened/read etc. This is wrong and ideally should not be that way.

Tracking workflow will track the time to time activities since it has been automated to run every 15 mins. I understand that we can disable the tracking from delivery. But we may need this information for reporting/audit purpose only if user provided his/her consent for using such info.

So is it a bug or is there any way to let end user know that we are going to track his/her information. If they choose yes then we are allowed to track such info else we shouldn't?

This is similar to Outlook Request a read-receipt Notification. Where a pop-up will come and asks user saying sender has requested a read-receipt would you like to continue yes/no? If user says yes then we will receive a automated mail that this user has read/open mail. If it is no we won't receive any such notification.

Please help with pointers or any references where it has already been implemented.

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

0 Replies