Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

How to personalized Facebook interface

Level 3

Hi there,

I am investigating together with the Adobe Consultant to include social viral links on emails so people can share them on Facebook and forward to a friend.

I have some questions.

1) Can the forward to a friend functionality be built?

2) How can we change the interface of what we share on Facebook/Twitter etc. At the minute it appears as below but I would like to tailor the title and add images:

1274087_pastedImage_0.png

3) When the template is javascripted and created with a content schema and input form, I believe I need to input the social viral links straight away to the HTML?

4) Is it possible to monitor how many people are posting the email on Facebook/different media platforms?

Thanks in advanced,

Carlota

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Carlota,

Please find the answers inline:

I have some questions.

1) Can the forward to a friend functionality be built? Yes, Read at the bottom for the approach

2) How can we change the interface of what we share on Facebook/Twitter etc. At the minute it appears as below but I would like to tailor the title and add images:

This is possible by using open graph properties on the landing page(viral link page).

Read this for best practices: Best Practices - Sharing - Documentation - Facebook for Developers

1274503_pastedImage_0.png

3) When the template is javascript and created with a content schema and input form, I believe I need to input the social viral links straight away to the HTML?: yes, that's correct.

Alternatively, you can extend your web application(landing page) to store the viral link attributes and use data management to get that value in deliveries using additional properties by link delivery with the web-app(viral app).

4) Is it possible to monitor how many people are posting the email on Facebook/different media platforms?

-This is possible but needs to use a custom work for this need to build a connector to pull the insights from Facebook for share count or use campaign utm param to count conversion.

Read this for more details: facebook - How to get share counts using graph API - Stack Overflow

Approach:

it's quite simple actually.

build the URL in this format and include the data dynamically to personalize the experience. it just a string so you can do what ever you want to post.

https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=<%encoded_url_fb%>&t=<%encoded_fb_title%>

https://twitter.com/home?status=<%encoded_status_tweet%>

https://plus.google.com/share?url=<%encoded_url_gplus%>

note: use encodeURIComponent to encode url

Hope this helps!

regards,

Amit

Level 3

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. I have had a look at your documentation and I am afraid that this will require a lot of developer work (I am not a developer).

Could I just clarify a couple of things please:

This is possible by using open graph properties on the landing page(viral link page).

Read this for best practices: Best Practices - Sharing - Documentation - Facebook for Developers

Is this landing page that you are talking about (viral link page) a web app page or the personalization block where the viral links are? I have the viral links placed on a personalization block not on a landing page. It looks like the below. Do we need to create a landing page instead to link the personalization block?

1274636_pastedImage_3.png

Basically the way this is built in Adobe at the minute is:

1) An HTML template is created with a Social Network sharing links block added.

2) These social sharing links are a personalization block that looks like the screenshot I have attached above. (Is it here where I can personalized de Facebook look or do I need to create a landing page (web app) for that? If so, do I need to link the web app to the personalization block?

3) There is a Sharing form landing page (web app) where the forward to a friend has been created. I will have a look to the Adobe consultant guy. It is created with javascript and I don't really understand the approach you ar etalking about (where to place those URL). See below how it looks:

1274637_pastedImage_4.png

Thanks a lot,

Carlota