Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

How do we cancel a pending delivery?

Level 1

We do a lot of testing for recurring deliveries sent from workflows, which requires us to make a single-send delivery for profile substitution. This results over time in a large amount of test deliveries in pending status, which can suck up resources, unless we want to delete the test deliveries when we're done testing and then create them again later. We'd rather avoid that approach if possible. Is there a way to cancel a pending delivery so that it is no longer pending? Looking at the UI I'm not seeing a way. I tried stopping the workflow and also tried disabling the delivery, but neither worked.

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Have you tried creating a workflow with an update activity to change the status on the pending delivery to the recipient (in the broadlogrcp table) to canceled?

Regards,

Craig

Level 1
Ah, I haven't tried that! I like the idea, but am worried about whether this would leave hanging processes that then don't get resolved because the status has changed.

Administrator

Hi @the_standard_user,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 1
Hi Sukrity, I do have a suggested approach from craigthonis but I'm not sure if it resolves my issue. It would change the delivery from showing as waiting for confirmation, but my goal is not to just change it from waiting per se, but to change it from waiting in such a way that it won't leave any orphaned processes. The motivation behind wanting to do this is to reduce resource usage from too many deliveries waiting for confirmation, which we would get with enough test deliveries laying around. Directly using a workflow to update the status of the delivery seems like it circumvents any process through the UI that might exist and therefore might leave some things unresolved.

Administrator
Alright @the_standard_user! Thanks for the update. I will further escalate it among SMEs for more help on this.

Sukrity Wadhwa